Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Darrel Holland

Darrel Holland

Just having a read of Darrel Hollands site, and started dreaming of one of his custom build's...

I especially like the thought of:
    -Safari Sporter Laminate Signature Stock with Pacmayer recoil pad, glass and pillar bedded
    -Krieger or Lilja 22" glass beaded barrel - 1:10 RH Twist
    -chambered in .308 with custom action and fluted bolt
    -Jewel trigger, set at 2.5lb
    -custom trigger guard and bottom metal...

-

Just googled him and I see he builds on the rem 700 action ......................................... and that's as far as I looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Just googled him and I see he builds on the rem 700 action ......................................... and that's as far as I looked.
    Yeah Brit,,,,that's true and of course, the only downside, but he is one of the most respected builders in the US and can do a full custom job for around 2000!

now,,,if only I could send him my Sako .243 action and leave the rest to him!

So how much is import duty? Just curious to see how it would work out to a comparable UK builder... plus postage and VAT @ 20%

have a chat with remmy700 (colin) ,deals with darrel hollands products.
    just had some bits off colin very good service.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Yeah Brit,,,,that's true and of course, the only downside, but he is one of the most respected builders in the US and can do a full custom job for around 2000!

now,,,if only I could send him my Sako .243 action and leave the rest to him!
    If he builds on a remmy 700 donor action then, how can it be a full custom?

Personally I dislike remmy's immensely, and have to say that I would agree with Brit re the gas pipe comment.

There is just something about the way a 700 feels to me, like it's made out of old farm machinery parts or something.

I know there is an umpteen things you can do to them in terms of customisation but, personally I would'nt entertain one.

I now perpare myself for the fall out from the 700 club

ATB
    Moses
    Last edited by moses; 19-07-2011 at 08:10.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post

I now perpare myself for the fall out from the 700 club

ATB
    Moses

I think you meant Cult not Club

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    If he builds on a remmy 700 donor action then, how can it be a full custom?
    I think he uses custom Rem 700 clones as do many, which is no different from H&H, Rigby, Purdey, WR, or any other English maker building a big game rifle on a Mauser 98, Brno/Cz 602, Johannsen, Empire, Hagn, or other action.... Yes you can argue that they put more hand finishing into the rifle, but then you pay a hell of a lot more too...

The Remmy action may be rough and crude (in many eyes but not mine) but from a design and manufacturing point of veiw its a masterpiece of engineering.

Ian.

not another blame equipment,cause someone can't shoot straight: ie rem 700 nothing wrong with them for real world hunting distance's.
    Darrel holland,and many others like, GBR uk,barnard's sm action,surgeon,etc,make actions to a remington footprint,the tolerance of the bolt to action etc,are much tighter.