cheeky scum

stav

well by the syndicate i,m in the only permission i have is my best mates farm. so after having all his chickens done in by mr fox last week he has put me on fox patrol. so as i,m coming down a forest track to one of his fields i see a terrier type dog with locator collar. as i walk into the field there's 2 blokes cammoed up with tents pitched in a field that still has crops in it (one other side of track has been cut)and they are taking stones off wall for a fire pitt.i,ve got rifle, ruck sack,sticks and chair all on my shoulders. i,m 30ft away and they have not seen me yet and i,m watching them dismantle wall. this is how it went. i said play game lads you should not be here just put the stones back on the wall and put tents over wall in 1730 acres of forest and everybody will be happy.they say the stones were already there.i said i,ve watched you taking them off just put them back and it's not a problem,any how lads i,m shooting in this cut field so keep other side of track see ya laters, and off i go. anyway txts my mate about them and he comes down and tells them same just go over wall into forest and everyone's happy. right as i leave field i shouts over in dark ok lads i,m done in here see ya later(not fired a shot)next morning farmer goes to make sure they are moving on. farmers just rang me and ask what was said so told him how it went and he said these 2 told him they were ex army and served in falklands and said if i ever threatened them with a gun again they would take it of me a shove it up my bottom,well words too that affect. they were late 40's skinny pi55 heads who were doing thing they should not be doing were they were doing it.good job it was my mates farm and not a new permission i,m trying to get. scruffy scumbags.stav

Last edited:
I would bet the closest those to**ers have been to the Falkland Islands is watching it on the bl**dy telly !

They wont be back

My advice for approaching unwanted's on your ground is to secure away all firarms before approaching... better to be safe then sorry ... also FLO guys might get shirty should ANO Joe Public was to make a complaint.

I agree with craigievarkiller on this one. On my place unless it was something pretty serious going on I would hide my rifle/shotgun, and then go and have a quiet word, or if it was something not quite so serious/annoying I would quite probably just let it go.
It should not be like this, but unfortunately it is all to easy to have someone make up a complete crock of sh*te and report you to the police.
Then who ends up in it ? :cry:

Nick.

just read this post a similar thing happened to me while out stalking i heard some motorbikes coming my way on private ground i had already noticed there was a lot of damage done with the tyre tracks everwhere ,they came down a ride and i would of normally just kept out of sight but i thought i would just have a quiet chat with them and ask them if they would stick to the public right of way, i was showered with a load of abuse about being a poacher murderer bambi slayer etc, and they could ride where they wanted, they then left, when i got home there was a police car waiting outside and i was grilled about why i was there i had to show my lease etc,i bet there was no questions asked of them why they were riding around a private forest so my advice is where possible blend in to the background and dont have confrontation because it could all go wrong in this climate

Even if they were ex-military, how is that relevant? They were still trespassing and a terrier with a tracking collar would suggest poaching too. All the lads I know who served in the forces don't brag about it or use it to gain credibility.

Can i ask stav when you took the lease on was it discribed to you in detail about any issues or tresspass problems that were on the land and was it discribed to you in detail as to rights of way etc ????

Most ex forces I have the pleasure of knowing would probably twist the necks of types like those described above, I use the term guardedly.

I had a similar incident as regarding scramblers on bikes,I was lying at the side of the forrest road about half mile in,well camouflaged when I heard the noise of a bike approaching in my direction so got ready to show myself I emptied
my rifle and removed the bolt by the time I did this he was about a hundred yards when I popped up he saw me and skidded to a halt ,I put on a smile and waved to him,he drew up to me,as I was in the middle of nowhere and he was a big lad I decided a bit of diplomacy wouldn't go amiss,I pointed out that I was there legally to stalk also had a sign on the gate that I was here also disturbed the ground and may have been in danger himself, He looked at me thoughtfully, I thought I was in for a mouth of abuse but to my surprise He said ''sorry mate I Did'nt see it'' after a bit of friendly banter he rode off. I was lucky, it could have gone the other way and my car which he had to pass was a fair distance away, I could have come back to slashed tyres or worse.:eek:

hi,it is not a lease as such just my best mates farm which i have written permission to shoot,i also help him out during harvest which we were in the middle of and that field was getting cut nexted, last thing he needed was the mower hitting a stone topper. it,s was alongish walk too the fields through a very popular woods so would not have fanced leaving/ hidding rifle. been in same fields since many times and they have not been back.stav
Can i ask stav when you took the lease on was it discribed to you in detail about any issues or tresspass problems that were on the land and was it discribed to you in detail as to rights of way etc ????

A farmer i used to lamp foxes with near Callander approached two lads with army cammo and bergens on crossing a field and when he asked them what they were up to they said they were on a survival course. The farmer told them not to camp in his woods or be lighting fires but thier manner got threatening and they said they could go anywhere they chose in Scotland. They were told they would be reported for camping and fire starting and next morning four sheep were found with thier throats cut and had been bleeding for some time confirmed by the blood trails in the snow... Ray Mears, you have a lot to answer for!!

Ok now let's think about some of the very dodgy advice given here:-

namely hide the gun before approaching them.

In doing so you have just breached the security condition on your certificate. The court will take nothing else into account and you will be fined. Then the Firearms Licensing Officer will revoke your certificate as you broke this condition which is actually there just for this reason as the way it's worded it's impossible not to break it at some point.

Now before the naysayers start ................................... yes I have first hand experience of this in court. Whilst you were not with the gun others may have had access to it so you broke the condition end of!

Have a nice day.

I wouldn't approach them, with or without a gun.... for all you know it could have been Raul Moat and Gazza :D

Back