Tikka m55

wildfowler.250

I tried to attach a Harris bipod,(I think it's the 9-13 with the swivel) to the above rifle but it wouldn't fit. I think the QD stud is too think. Has anyone else had this problem?

I was considering trying to file down a bit on either side of the stud to make it thinner?

Or try and widen the gap on the bipod where the claspers stick through,(if that makes sense?)?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I shoot 99% of the time off the bipod.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Without being smart, I would seriously suggest that you investigate if the current stud can be screwed out and replaced with a standard QD stud. Replacement studs are only £3 or £4, buggering a stock?

I did this succesfully on my Blaser with no difficulties.

Not sure why you have this problem, I have a M55 and the bipod went on no problem. I assume you've opened up the tensioning screw as far as possible?

Yeah, I have taken the screw right out. The bipod will clip onto stud but the bipod won't slide up to the stock as the claspers are too wide around the stud.

I could replace the stud but would prefer not to drill another hole into such an old gun

Take the wide stud out file it down to the right width & put it back in (araldite it so it won't come loose) cost - pennies for the glue.

I have a M55 but but don't have your problem. Mine is the Master Sporter model & it has a rail along the bottom. This has an adjustable slide that can be locked wherever I want to suit the bipod or the sling if I'm carrying it.

Ian

+1 with Blitzking - bipod goes on my M55 without problem. No idea if the stud is original or not though!

You're not imagining things.

The sling swivel studs on the M65 and M65 are larger than standard, and won't fit some imperial-dimensioned attachments like U.S.

I had this trouble, as I have QD 'B-Square' bipods which finger-tighten onto an adapter which slides over the SS stud. This is held in place by a threaded crossbolt so stays permanently as a cap over the stud.

The easy way round it for me was to swap over the forearm studs from my M595 and M695's, which are American standard size.

In your case I would just get a coarser thread replacement stud of the same diameter.

I would also either file down the existing stud or replace with a standard sized one.
I have an old Sako which has a larger than usual stud but not so large that it binds in the bipod like yours does.
Yorric, does your master sporter have the rising cheek piece? I have an M55 with the accessory rail but a fixed RH comb. Any idea which model it is?

Hi Oaken. My M55 is the one with the raising cheek piece (superb bit of kit!) - by far the most comfortable rifle I've got to use!
I have mine out of the stock this week to give the trigger its first clean in 15 years of foxing & range work, and today I got the bore "scoped". It is still ok but not perfect (To be expected in a barrel that's had a few thousand rounds up it). If I come into some spare cash I think I'll get it rebarreled . - The action is a great basis for this as is the trigger and stock. I'll let you know exactly what its model number next time I get it out of the cabinet (probably next monday). I downloaded the parts list / exploded diagrams of the M55 variants from the Tikka website

Ian

You're not imagining things.

The sling swivel studs on the M65 and M65 are larger than standard, and won't fit some imperial-dimensioned attachments like U.S.

I had this trouble, as I have QD 'B-Square' bipods which finger-tighten onto an adapter which slides over the SS stud. This is held in place by a threaded crossbolt so stays permanently as a cap over the stud.

The easy way round it for me was to swap over the forearm studs from my M595 and M695's, which are American standard size.

In your case I would just get a coarser thread replacement stud of the same diameter.

Thanks for the replies guys! Thought I was going daft!!

I'll try and get the stud replaced or filed down by the gunsmith. Don't trust myself doing it!

Cheers!

Back