Thread: Nelly BMH Training progress.

Nelly BMH Training progress.

Nelly 5 months old , using just scent shoes and diluted blood all the time now.
    this trail was left for 3 hours, also was very windy making tracking tricky but she works it out well. :stag

Last edited by BROCK77; 18-07-2011 at 19:17.

Quote Originally Posted by BROCK77 View Post
    Nelly 5 months old , using just scent shoes and diluted blood all the time now.
    this trail was left for 3 hours, also was very windy making tracking tricky but she works it out well. :stag

A pleasure to watch.

One question and one comment.

2 Why do you use diluted blood?
    2 Thought she went a little fast, you might have problems with Verweisen later.

I would be absolutely delighted with that for a 5 month old dog. A star in the making I would say. Well done to you too as clearly you know what you're doing training wise also. Any updates????

Hi this is my first bavarian but my brother has worked one for 4 years professionally now so no stranger to this fantastic breed as nelly is one of her pups. i have used blood and diluted blood, usually when short of blood i dilute which helps go a little further. i now tend to just use scent shoe , and less blood. nelly does well on diluted blood anyway she just has to work a little harder and get her nose down.she does get a little to fast sometimes, but remember she is only 5 months old and learning all the time. i put this down to being a bit of a puppy still. she is really keen to work when that tracking collar goes on, but when at home is just part of the family and loves playing with my 2 your children.
    thanks for your comments.