Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: shooting deer on closed cert

shooting deer on closed cert

i am just wondering if it is possible to legally shoot deer on a closed certifiacte
    many thanks

have you got deer written on your cert ????

More importantly and relevantly to a closed cert, do you have cleared land over which you have permission to shoot where there are deer. Of course having the correct calibre and conditioning is also necessary but that's nothing to do with open or closed.

not as yet i sent message to firearms office and and have been told they accepted my grant and to send in my cert which i am now waiting for , my cert has been opened so i can shoot as an open cert holder as long as i am shooting with an open cert holder if that makes sense

i do have land that has been cleared for the use of .243 and have permission to manage deer on the cleared land

Quote Originally Posted by kev1986 View Post
    not as yet i sent message to firearms office and and have been told they accepted my grant and to send in my cert which i am now waiting for , my cert has been opened so i can shoot as an open cert holder as long as i am shooting with an open cert holder if that makes sense
    Nope, that doesn't really make sense. I'd be interested to know what the exact wording of the condition is.

i have sent my cert off so i cant copy word for word but it goes something a bit like , the person has lawful right to shoot over land which has been deemed suitible by the chief constable of police , this restraint will be withdrawn when shooting along side a certificate holder who does not bare this condition on there certificate
    a bit patchy but something like that

thats weird its normally your closed or open, not open when your with a open ?????????????

new one on me

i applied for it open and they told me no they would only open it if is was with someone that has an open ,other than that it is closed for me when alone and have been told they would re consider me after 12 more months

Quote Originally Posted by kev1986 View Post
    i have sent my cert off so i cant copy word for word but it goes something a bit like , the person has lawful right to shoot over land which has been deemed suitible by the chief constable of police , this restraint will be withdrawn when shooting along side a certificate holder who does not bare this condition on there certificate
    a bit patchy but something like that
    That's a ridiculous condition. I'd tell them to stuff it. Ask them where the public safety benefit is, and quite how that can be considered proportionate? Surely you're either safe to use the weapon and decide where is safe for yourself, or you're not?