Wanted: Hunting & Fishing in the Essex area!

Jonher

Hi,

I have a Norwegian friend who is going to be at Essex Uni taking a course to help with the finalisation of his Phd for two weeks from this Sunday (24th July).

He is a keen hunter and fisherman and was asking if I knew of any hunting/ fishing in the area so I told him I would post a thread on the forum for him.

Any info/ contacts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Anyone !?!

It would be great if I could find something for him as he has really helped me get into the hunting over here in Norway, so I'm trying to return the favour.

Hi hope the reply below is of use to you, I used to live in that part of the world a few years ago. Hope the information with regard to stalking is not out of date.
For fishing try
Ardleigh Reservoir Fishery Office
01206 230642
Clover Way, Ardleigh
Colchester
CO7 7PT

Info taken from www.carpinfo.co.uk.

Ardleigh reservoir is a Trout and Coarse Fishery. It once held the British record pike at 44lb. Rumour has it that Carp to well over 40lb have been banked (and possibly not been put back!) and Carp anglers who fish it tend to be very secretive. The 120-acre fishery also holds Bream and Tench to near double figures as well as roach and eels. Noted areas are the Noah's Ark stretch and The Lodge lane bank. Wick lane pond: Also known as the carp pond, contains carp to nearly 30lb. Quite a temperamental lake. 8 20's came out along the dam wall in one day at the beginning of the season but the fishing switched off after this for a week. Can get very weedy at times. Crown hotel pool: Also known as the bream pond.

For stalking try
COLCHESTER SHOOTING CENTRE 7a North Station Road, Colchester, Essex, CO1 1RE
Telephone: 01206-763336 / 500250

I know the owner is a keen stalker and he may be able to point you in the right direction

Beef3844675,

Thank you for the information, I will pass this on to my friend.

Regards

Back