Thread: invite to shoot on a friends land

invite to shoot on a friends land

hi if you get a invite to shoot on a friends land .and the land has not be checked .friend has open ticket you are on closed can you shoot .also if you live in a differnt area to said friend how do you go about get land check over night as to speak .point i am making is you still have to submit a land check form which can take weeks .friend ring you today are you free in the morning come and have a days stalking with me .what do you do answers on a post card please

shoot safe and go nothing said

You can use your friends rifle and he can use yours.... but you can't use your own.

Stupid innit?

Just go, and if plod turn up swap guns
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Shoot in haste, repent at Her Majestys pleasure?
    Do your homework!

tough one ,days stalking with yr mate wait a second ! sod it GO

Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    hi if you get a invite to shoot on a friends land .and the land has not be checked .friend has open ticket you are on closed can you shoot .also if you live in a differnt area to said friend how do you go about get land check over night as to speak .point i am making is you still have to submit a land check form which can take weeks .friend ring you today are you free in the morning come and have a days stalking with me .what do you do answers on a post card please
    Well wherever ???????????? You phone the fac issuing force and tell them you have been invited to stalk, shoot over these lands , they will no doubt ask for proof from the owner /lease holder verifying this.

Thereafter it should be a paper work exercise .

If you have had your ticket for more than 3 yrs ask to have the condition lifted, 3 people l have suggested this to have had thier ristriction lifted to open cert _ no problem.
    Last edited by monynut; 19-07-2011 at 21:28.

I have a very similar thing going on at the moment,I have consented to mentoring a lad from S.Wales,but his force says that the land has to be passed for .243cal before he is allowed to shoot on it with his rifle,but,Avon & Somerset have told me to hang fire(no pun intended)as they are perfectly fine with him using his rifle under my supervision,and they are going to have it out with S.Wales force. Watch this space!

Martin

Similer question to this on another thread answer is to ask for wording to be made so you can shoot on other land when accompined (carnt spell)by open certificate holder on land deemed suitable. explain to FLO you need this in order to use your rifle when you go with others who may be teaching you. I have found that a phone call to firearms office explianing this works much better than a mile of letters if you sound sincere and dont get bolshy then you get a lot more help from flos