Thread: How far south

How far south

If it is your wife asking the answer is "not at all dear"!

However, back to the point does anyone have any knowledge of how far south towards the central belt of Scotland red deer have spread?

The reason I ask is I have some land along the line of the Ochils/Lomond hills. Last year I saw one set of fresh red deer slots in a large area of block forestry. I know for a fact that at the west end of the Ochils towards Dunblane/Sheriffmuir there are reds however, this is towards the eastern end of the range

This year after a recent visit I saw some more, larger less fresh, but unmistakably red deer slots.

Just wondering...........

H.

P.S. New rifle is here, will post some pics on return from holiday. Thanks to JCS and Mr dabbler for invaluable advice.

hi,

my dad shot a red stag not that long ago in the borders, been the only one he has ever saw down here and discovered it took a lot more dragging than the roe deer he was out after

"It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by SeanA View Post
    hi,

my dad shot a red stag not that long ago in the borders, been the only one he has ever saw down here and discovered it took a lot more dragging than the roe deer he was out after
    Was that the one shot in Craik

hi nell,
    yea that was the one