Stealth type cams..again

private fraser

I've trawled through past posts on these and sorry if I've missed it but...are there any cameras which can be set to just trigger at night?.
I don't want an sd card full of horses wandering past in the day :rolleyes:.

Thanks

fraser

I've trawled through past posts on these and sorry if I've missed it but...are there any cameras which can be set to just trigger at night?.
I don't want an sd card full of horses wandering past in the day :rolleyes:.

Thanks

fraser

You can program a Bushnell throphy cam to only take photosd at the times you want. One of mine took pictures for six months over the winter and was still in excellent working order.

I use a Reconyx RC 55. Which can be prog to any time of day you like! I left it running by an experimental deer feeder for a few days and got 3500 pictures of pheasants,rabbits,cats, rats fox,badger,a collie and the same young buck a few times.
Great camera 1/5th of a second wake-up speed!with low glow infrared.
Expensive compared to most on the market,but it was trigger speed I was after .I was sick of getting scenery shots after the animal walked out of shot before the pic was taken!This one gets them ALL!

The only change I would make for the next one would be NO-GLO infra red.
Try the website Chasingame.com some good info on there. They review all the new cameras and have sections on all the others with plus and minus points to consider.

Last edited:
The only change I would make for the next one would be NO-GLO infra red.

Can I ask why you'd go no-glo next time around? Did you find the deer were spotting the camera or some other problem with the low-glo type LED?

Just interested as I would like to put a camera up but remain unconvinced and somewhat put off by the cost!

The UWAY NT50B has atotally black infrared so cannot be seen when activated ,it also can be programmed only to take photos between set times. The batteries are C type and will last 4-5 months, however if you use the black infra red alot this does drain the batteries quicker so it is best to get the Ni-mh type rechargeable if poss. The camera also has sound recording with video. Circa £275

Can I ask why you'd go no-glo next time around? Did you find the deer were spotting the camera or some other problem with the low-glo type LED?

Just interested as I would like to put a camera up but remain unconvinced and somewhat put off by the cost!

The animals do notice the flash even though it is minimal.Mine is set for one shot every second for four seconds, which occasionaly upsets the deer(four small flashes).

The other downside I have thought about recently is the security aspect!
In the dark, the small red light shows up quite well and anyone who shouldnt be there can see it as well (and nick the camera!). I have a python cable to secure it but if they wanted to take it they could without too much effort.

I have a bushnell you can borrow if you want ? You can have a play with it and see if you have any luck.
Email your address and I will send it down .

Back