Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this legitimate policing, or undue harassment of a FAC holder?

Is this legitimate policing, or undue harassment of a FAC holder?

Thiis appeared in brief in the latest NGO magazine.

I don't have any other information, but the text of the media report is at:-

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/News/...e-31052011.htm

After calming down - just a bit - I thought I'd ask for the views of others. It's clear that this is a tool of the mans' trade and the means of his livelihood. It looks like he will lose his job from this conviction. This will be judicial case law in Scotland now.

As for the standard security Condition.... I've always taken the view that my firearm is 'in use' if I've got it out of the gun safe. It's no longer in use when it's back in, and locked up again.

It doesn't say why the police "had to attend the house"?

I suspect the subtleties of the case depend on why the police had to "attend" the property in the first place.
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

If the reason for the 'police visit' was a decisive factor in the conviction, such as an alleged domestic argument or maybe accusation of drunkeness (I'm surmising here), then that would form part of the evidence and be mentioned in the judge's summing up.

There is no mention of such. Even if the police have suggested this, how on earth could that be described as a 'subtlety'?

Thing is, it appears he pleaded guilty

Whoever gave him advice to plead guilty should be strung up, he at least had a chance of making a case that they were in use, but pleading guilty

It would not have been the lawyer that advised a guilty plea, more money to be made the more they appear on behalf of their client.

This is another story that will attract nothing but speculation as the facts are not only extremely lacking, bat also particularly vague.

A keeper cleaning his guns! Never seen that happen before! Seems a very far fetched defence to me! JC

sounds like he needs another lawyer!
    fallen asleep with a gun in my hand on several occasions!
    especially on the duck flights after a hard day!!

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    sounds like he needs another lawyer!
    fallen asleep with a gun in my hand on several occasions!
    especially on the duck flights after a hard day!!
    what about in a high seat dont tell me after 4 hours and not a carrot the odd zzzzzz dont slip out.

4 hours?

In a comfy seat I can be snoring within minutes. I've even been known to get out of the seat and sleep on the ground underneath next to the dog.