Thread: Hunting Lodges

Hunting Lodges

Does anyone know of any hunting / shooting lodges around the country for hire for weekend / week etc for approx 3-6 guys.
    Shooting permission isn't absolutely necessary only a bonus.

gas and electricity are not preferred

just basically a lodge in the middle of nowhere for a camp fire , bang on some drums, and chat around the fire.

we would take most food / water by truck / car so a local shop isn't necessary.
    will travel to Scotland / Wales etc

All ideas are welcome.

Xim

tony halpin corbieton enterprises he has one in the borders ,stuck up a forest track ,i carried a roe from the main rd to the lodge nearly killed me

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    tony halpin corbieton enterprises he has one in the borders ,stuck up a forest track ,i carried a roe from the main rd to the lodge nearly killed me
    You must be nuts, thats at least a 10 minute drive!

Another choice might be Paul Marina's place in Hertfordshire.
    Last edited by kingstonandy; 20-07-2011 at 18:01.

after two days and nights of sweet bugger all except tree planters out stepped a buck last knockings ,he had to go, when i got to the lodge i was totally whacked out

Xim,

What sort of shooting do you guys do? Generally if you work that out then go to somewhere like english country cottages they will have heaps on offer all around the country. You should get a really nice place for little money during the winter time.

In Ireland we occasionally offer an old ice house for that kind of thing. It's basically a room with a patio so BBQ is the order of the day, especially if you were lucky enough to catch a salmon!!

Kiri

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    after two days and nights of sweet bugger all except tree planters out stepped a buck last knockings ,he had to go, when i got to the lodge i was totally whacked out
    In the clearfell valley that drops away to the East of the road? I had a buck myself there once.

Next day I managed to loose the back axle of my vehicle into the ditch not far from there. Two of us worked up a hell of a sweat and lost an evenings stalking getting it out.

Mountain Bothies Association UK - bothy and shelters in Scotland, England and Wales
    You'll have to share with climbers mtbikers walkers and others, even families that want cheap holidays I've found using them they cost nothing
    Last edited by widows son; 20-07-2011 at 20:35.

Quote Originally Posted by kingstonandy View Post
    In the clearfell valley that drops away to the East of the road? I had a buck myself there once.

Next day I managed to loose the back axle of my vehicle into the ditch not far from there. Two of us worked up a hell of a sweat and lost an evenings stalking getting it out.
    the mad thing was i found a bloody quad chained to a tree the next day that would have been handy ! i would never go without a 4x4 i went in my rover 75 tourer poor thing

If you google gypsy wagons holidays in the Lake District i think it might be called "moon light and the stars" not not sure but as we know google is awesome. They are in the moddle of no man land no mobile phone signal great for a great beeer open fire you have to cook on your pit not that cheap but great time plenty of wild life but no shooting sorry. I'll look for the web site.

Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    If you google gypsy wagons holidays in the Lake District i think it might be called "moon light and the stars" not not sure but as we know google is awesome. They are in the moddle of no man land no mobile phone signal great for a great beeer open fire you have to cook on your pit not that cheap but great time plenty of wild life but no shooting sorry. I'll look for the web site.
    www.canopyandstars.co.uk
    great place to go. The Ray Mears comes out in you.