A Sad night

crouch valley

A Sad night.

I got called out last night to help in the search for a elderly lady that had wandered off from her home she suffers from Alzheimer's . The cottage she owns is on the boundary of the land I keeper which has some very deep ditches on. We stopped the search at 10PM the weather was foul a wet cold night if she was out there I would not hold much hope for her as she went missing at 3pm and was reported at 5pm. The search resumed at first light this morning lets hope we find her safe and sound but hope is fading. well off out again will let you know the outcome.

Been there, not nice. Mine was a 4 year old missing from 4pm. I got him (in trees 30 yards from my own house.) Hypothermia but fine. He had slid down the bank and grabbed a tree and litteraly froze. No sound dense undergrowth. The whole village was out. Bob the lad with me spotted him first and thought he was dead. i lifted him into my house and the police took him to hospital. Best of luck, Jim

Here's hoping she's found safe & sound, happened just down the road from us a couple of years ago, elderly lady found next morning but a sad ending I'm afraid. My Mother-in-Law suffers from Alzheimer's & it was a constant battle to keep her safe, luckily she's now in a safe, secure nursing home environment.

Chris

Just an up date to OP unfortunately she was found face down in a ditch not to far from her house. A very sad end to the Day. I can only praise the efforts of Essex police there must have been fifty police there some with dogs some on horse back. the helicopter was looking most of the night as well. :(

There has been talk for some time about using GPS transmitters within bracelets to be worn by people suffering from similar ailments as this. And there are individuals and groups that oppose the idea as it is considered an infringement on their human rights and privacy.

Well, I wish it was those objectors that had to find the body or inform the next of kin...

There has been talk for some time about using GPS transmitters within bracelets to be worn by people suffering from similar ailments as this. And there are individuals and groups that oppose the idea as it is considered an infringement on their human rights and privacy.

Well, I wish it was those objectors that had to find the body or inform the next of kin...

To many do gooders in this word that havent got a f****** clue im afraid. I feel sorry for her 70 year old husband thats been left behind

Sad news, Well done Crouch for helping out.
I hope they can find something to slow down Alzheimer's, I think a cure is a long way off

My father had that horrible condition, broke my heart to see him like it.
I know what you mean about wandering, Dad went walkabout 3 or 4 times before he was taken to the secure unit at the local hospital until a permanant place could be found for him.
Had me in stitches, trying to get in or out was a major operation with staff unlocking one door before opening another, he got out 3 times, no trouble

Brian

Couch

So sorry to hear that, I know a couple of members of our Mountain Rescue Team, they get involved with this kind of search from time to time. A good friend of mine’s life is made hell trying to keep tabs on his mothering-law who has Alzheimer’s.

Thoughts are with you.

Tahr

Thanks lads for kind words. I would do it for any one. It just annoys me when we spend thousands on keeping paedophiles in prison and housing every immigrant going. And yet they wont find the money for things like looking into cures for these Illnesses. :mad: Rant over

My brother-in-law crews on an RNLI lifeboat. They have had retrieve three bodies this year already. But those guys keep suiting up and going afloat in crazy conditions.

I take my hat off to guys who can do this sort of thing.

Sorry to hear that the end result was not as hoped. Poor lady did not deserve that, our thougths and sympathies to the family at such a tragic time.

And well done to Crouch Valley for putting the time in to look for her and also the local police.

Best wishes

Sikamalc and the Admin team

Found an old lady face down in a river a few years ago after she'd wandered off in her nightdress.
Very sad.

Back