Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roe sack recommendation?

Roe sack recommendation?

Looking to pick up a decent roe sack at one of the game fairs this summer, anyone got any recommendations?

the mrs bought us a harkila fenja roesack earlier in the year, and first time it had a roe doe in it a 6 inch rip appeared across the stitching at the bottom of one of the straps!

got on the phone to bushwear who replaced it promptly. first time the replacement had use was a young buck, and it ripped again, this time on the stitching of both straps!
    Another phone call and i had a refund and 2 lots of postage too!

so, any ideas?
    Cheers

You could try Poppins on this forum.
    I got a Sike sack from her earlier this year for about 2/3rds the price of a Harkila.
    Stil to try it out officially but seems to be the bees knees!

Very surprised your harkila one ripped. I had 30 kg Fallow in mine with no probs.

Same my Harkila sack is two years old and has had two roe in at many a time and a 70 pound sika last year. In fact the Harkila is the one i would recommend.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    +2 for Poppins, got a Sika Sack from her. As good as anything else you can spend your money on, only her sacks are cheeper.

>>Poppins<<

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Has anyone any experience of Ogdens stuff. I looked at it while at last years midland and their roe sack looked very good value. They don't seem to have a website though?

Novice
    Last edited by novice; 22-07-2011 at 07:19.

Quote Originally Posted by ferretmanabu View Post
    Very surprised your harkila one ripped. I had 30 kg Fallow in mine with no probs.
    Me too, i would have thought it should be fine.
    the second time i spoke to bushwear he said that they were starting to have more returned than is usual, yet when i emailed harkila, they said it was a problem they didnt know about?!

Quote Originally Posted by tartinjock View Post
    +2 for Poppins, got a Sika Sack from her. As good as anything else you can spend your money on, only her sacks are cheeper.

>>Poppins<<

TJ
    + 3 for poppins sika sack "PUT 3 ROE IN ONE !!" THEN GAVE IT A MATE TO CARRY !!!

Sack stood up better than mate though !!
    things just aint made how they used to be !!!!

big yan is the man to speak to hes just had a one hand made and its a cracker