best practice guides

accurate

Folks

looking at the best practice guides on BDS and wondering what the significant difference between the Scottish and English versions are. Is it just legals?

Thanks.

AFAIK yes and the Jockland version being more biased towards the type of stalking/culling/management found north of the wall.

Oh, and the price was lower for the Scottish version - no surprise there! ;)

You could always do an online comparison between the various elements before buying.

Plus if you buy the Scottish version, you make a one-off payment and they send you all the updates as they are published.

They were the brain child of Peter Watson of the DI and Alister Mc Gugan of the then DCS. Both worked together for BASC i believe and this is why both the BP guides will be very similar. Get the scottish one its far beter. :lol:. We got ours for £7 if you contact Mike Cottam off this site he will sort you out.

£7!!!! I had to pay a £3 English tax :)

Oh well the man that sold it to you was English lol

You show me a guide on any subject that you can get for £10,00 with quality content worth having .
It beats any other deer stalking book or Mannual that I've ever seen

as said they are very similer decide which side of border your stalking on and buy that. registered years ago at Scone game fair and got mine FREE. As WS said study that and you do not need anything else.

Got my best practice manual through the post today. Apart from looking like parcelfarce played footie with it i am seriously impressed by the quality.

Thanks for advice folks and especially Mike Cottam

Not a bad sole is he he even took time to talk to me after i had gave him a hard time about getting a BP day in our area :lol:

Got my scottish best practice guide and very highly impressed. Thanks to all who gave input - especially mike cottam.

Anyway. What additional info do i need to pursue dsc1.

Got my scottish best practice guide and very highly impressed. Thanks to all who gave input - especially mike cottam.

Anyway. What additional info do i need to pursue dsc1.

DSC1 question bank and practical shooting experience. ;)

DSC1 question bank and practical shooting experience. ;)

Thanks orion. Given a copy of deer quest and have fairly unlimited stalking opportunity. Been really lucky that a mate with both levels took me under his wing. Done dozens of stalks and now considered competent by him to stalk, shoot and gralloch. Thoroughly enjoy it and learn more every time i am out. Bloody addictive.

Yes the Scottish one is very good-butI also downloaded and printed some bits from the Deer Initiative site to make a more complete set

Yes the Scottish one is very good-butI also downloaded and printed some bits from the Deer Initiative site to make a more complete set

good point. Will compare them. What did you specifically add? i guess the other deer species not in scotland. Anything else?

I've added Deer Behaviour, Deer signs, Deer species, Close season shooting, Risk assessment for Deer Management, Carcass Inspection, Basic hygiene

May well have doubled up on pages but I have the coming year to go through the pages and decide what I keep.

And, it starts this evening when my daughter and I take our first Fallow buck stalk of this season :D

Back