Stalking trousers

mudman

Any recomendations for a decent pair of waterproof stalking trousers? I am thinking of treating myself when I go to the CLA.

Ta

I use "Deerhunter" Advantage Timber (Make/Pattern) they come with a breathable/removable liner ideal for summer/winter use.

Would like a plane pattern green/brown also, but the jacket/trouser combo was not cheap.

Also consider Jahti Jaht set of clothing, only heard good reports about them.

TJ

Me too but I only have wee legs and all the scandinavian stuff is no use to me unless I get it altered. I dont do camo stuff normally so green or Khaki for me.

Had Hillman stuff (shite, i burned it) Deerhunter RAM, (expensive and shite but not as bad as the Hillman stuff) and now using craghopper kiwis and DPM dutch army overtrousers on the hill.

The deer hunters would be OK at £50 ish not nearly £100.

Think I will just by hill walking stuff to be honest.

Look for deerhunter high back and knife pocket down side of left leg cost about £65 I use them all the time summer and winter only fault I have ever found is velcro on ankles gets full of c*** :thumb:

Look for deerhunter high back and knife pocket down side of left leg cost about £65 I use them all the time summer and winter only fault I have ever found is velcro on ankles gets full of c*** :thumb:

+ 1 :thumb: Now your talking roedeered.!!!

Rgds, Buck.

I bought a pair of Swedteam trousers from my local Bushwear for around £55 and i am just loving the fit and adjustable ankles which seems to keep the ticks out. Much better than a pair of Harkila Kodiaks i wasted £250 on.

Hi mudman i found some trosers called stealth gear brilliant 80 quid shall i get you a pair atom

Hi mudman i found some trosers called stealth gear brilliant 80 quid shall i get you a pair atom

atom,

I have the Stealth Gear trousers and find them brilliant, but, it's the new version i now have after having a few probs with the originals.

The original ones side loops ripped off and the stitching round the velcro adjusters was rubbish. The knee foam holder was uncomfortable and stressed the joints too much for my liking.

However, they replaced them with the newer model and I really can't praise them enough,
the stitching has been doubled up and they feel much better quality. They have totally redesigned the removable foan knee pads for the better too.

My only critiscism's of the new model was the metal zip tags, I cut these off to stop the rattle.

I've got used to the foam lining on the bottom of the new expanding thigh pockets now it's settled in a bit and will be buying another pair soon. The mesh vents at the top are actuay quite effective when I've worn the in hot weather too.

Defo a good option

Rb

I have Lakson Sika trousers bloomin great:D. Had them for 2 seasons now,Hind stalking in the highlands to highseat in the south wintertime and they are great kit.
Ditched the Deerhunters:( after almost freezing to death in Slovakia one year.
Tusker.

Back