boyd stocks

webby954

thinking of buying a boyds stock fot my mossberg atr anybody had a stock of this make as its described as ready to fit to rifle any info appreciated

cheers webby

A friend of mine bought a Boyds stock for his remington 22/250 heavy barrel,he bedded the action, did a little work on the front of the stock to float the barrel, put it together,job done he is very pleased with it , his stock had all bits and pieces fitted and has a lacquered finish . nice wee stock for little outlay!!

Bought a Boyds laminated thumbhole stock for my Weatherby .308 last year and it just dropped in without any further work. Very pleased with the end result.

Glad to hear you have had no problems as it seems if there is a problem then Boyds don't want to know :-| a buddy in the US had just had one split after a few rounds through his .375 Ruger and is having trouble getting any response from Boyd. So bad has their lack of response been he has had to buy another stock, this time a Alloy Bedding block fitted Bell & Carlson. have just sent a message asking how it's going with Boyds. Awaiting a reply .. OHhhh the Boyds was a laminate with added recoil pins by Boyds cracked right through the recoil lug and wrist.

just dragged a Boyds stock from the States to here, price was very good and it looks pretty good as well, when the jet-lag gets a bit better I'll have a go at fitting it .......

Which stock did you buy Kenny? I am thinking of getting them to send one of the rimfire stocks to a mate out there for me to pick up next time I visit.

Which stock did you buy Kenny? I am thinking of getting them to send one of the rimfire stocks to a mate out there for me to pick up next time I visit.
it was this one just went to fit it and found that I can't remember where I hid the keys to the cablelock I used to rope my rifles together as an extra precaution whilst away ! LOL! :rolleyes: :lol:

Good, I see it is less than $100, which is (as far as I can tell) the magic number so far as legally exporting from the USA. I might get one of the rimfire ones, the same price.

Good, I see it is less than $100, which is (as far as I can tell) the magic number so far as legally exporting from the USA. I might get one of the rimfire ones, the same price.
OK I found the keys :D I fitted the stock without any hassle, was a very good fit! obviously I won't know if it shoots untill I get to a range but first impressions are good :D and not bad for £70 !

Attachments

• DSCF4818 [800x600].JPG
    DSCF4818 [800x600].JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF4819 [800x600].JPG
    DSCF4819 [800x600].JPG
    69 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF4820 [800x600].JPG
    DSCF4820 [800x600].JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF4821 [800x600].JPG
    DSCF4821 [800x600].JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF4824 [800x600].JPG
    DSCF4824 [800x600].JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 25
Kenny .................... it was similar Boyds also fitted to a Howa 1500 in .375 Ruger than split apart for my buddy in the US.. Boyds are still dragging their feet over it. The stock split open on 21st August and Boyd informed and yet still no reply. The only time he has spoken to them is WHEN he phoned them. Promised calls from them never came. Pretty poor customer service in my view.

Back