Thread: moy show

moy show

whos for the moy show then

I`ll be there if I can get off this ship in time! Friday or Saturday? not sure yet! Might need to do the hay by then

How long has the show been at Moy?

reason I ask is that I always used to be in Inverness for the Black Isle Show and then the gamefair which used to be at Dochfour, I think, so I only went to it at Moy for 2 or 3 years after it moved and am now wondering how long ago that might be.

I guess it was probably smaller then than it is now but I always remember it as great fun and a great day out, and I never remember rain at Moy or the Black Isle. I was a big fan of the mad terrier races they had, with most of the sport in getting the "hare" off the terriers, or getting the terriers off each other or getting the terriers off some member of the public who elected to lend a hand. I guess the terrier racing is long since banned by some interferring commie from the Watford commune of health, safety and animal welfare experts.

Quote Originally Posted by caorach View Post
    How long has the show been at Moy?

reason I ask is that I always used to be in Inverness for the Black Isle Show and then the gamefair which used to be at Dochfour, I think, so I only went to it at Moy for 2 or 3 years after it moved and am now wondering how long ago that might be.

I guess it was probably smaller then than it is now but I always remember it as great fun and a great day out, and I never remember rain at Moy or the Black Isle. I was a big fan of the mad terrier races they had, with most of the sport in getting the "hare" off the terriers, or getting the terriers off each other or getting the terriers off some member of the public who elected to lend a hand. I guess the terrier racing is long since banned by some interferring commie from the Watford commune of health, safety and animal welfare experts.
    I think it moved to moy about 85/86 as I started my YTS training on Dochfour in Feb 87 and the clays where still unpicked below Dochnalurag by the the hydro staition

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Hoping to be there Saturday, work permitting.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Quote Originally Posted by CZ452 View Post
    Terrier racing is still on
    Excellent news! Is it still as much fun? I really must try to organise getting back up for it some year.

be there saturday with the missus

good show will be there friday myself. hope to see you all there

planning to be there on Sat