game fairs

stoker150

does any one else think that sd should have a stand tent or some sort of pitch at game fairs like scone moy or any of the many other game fairs that take place the length and breadth of the country. it would be handy for members to meet other members and perhaps attract new members. also how do you spot annother member is there a funny walk secret hand shake or should we just wear some sort of funny hat..lol just a thought is all. ttfn

...how do you spot annother member is there a funny walk secret hand shake...

Spooky!

Just been PMing a fellow member and we concluded that funny handshakes are probably required in the tents of some of the larger representative organisations if you want to be taken seriously... Please tell me it isn't so with SD members.

does any one else think that sd should have a stand tent or some sort of pitch at game fairs like scone moy or any of the many other game fairs that take place the length and breadth of the country. it would be handy for members to meet other members and perhaps attract new members. also how do you spot annother member is there a funny walk secret hand shake or should we just wear some sort of funny hat..lol just a thought is all. ttfn
Just to pitch a tent at a game fair costs you thousands of pounds, not sure Malc or John would be up for that.
A place of meeting is normally arranged pre show.
basil.

Have a look in the shop?

went to the gamefair sat ,didnt meet any sd members guess i am shy lol cost of a tent would be a serious amount of cash ,had a good look round though not been for 9 yrs and it was massive .went to the ngo tent which was pretty large too ££££ looks like they offset some of that cost by letting in different closely associated to keepering firms .didnt spend too much £, brought a leather jerkin kinky !

Last edited:
Well it would not take much to jump in to bed with one of the organisations now would it the attraction for the big organisatons would b to attract new people in to there tent.
Years and years i went to the game fair and saw BASC DCS NTS ALL SNUGGLED UNDER THE SAME ROOF.
But if you want old john to pay you have no chance tighter than two coats of paint lol. I here? malcom sqeeks when he walks lol.

i'm sure there are enough trade members on here who could help out even if it was the use of their staff area for a cuppa and a chat they miht even benefit in some added trade then.

Sounds a good idea.

SD could offer free advertising on site in exchange for a wee corner in a trade org's tent ?

What about SD creating a lapel badge for a means of members identifying one another ?
would also be a way for SD to generate a small ammount of income ?

Well I was at the NGO tent with Robin at 12 noon on saturday, which as a rule over the past 3 years has been the alloted meeting place, and no one turned up. So after 15 minutes waiting I joined the rest of the crowd and spent more money on a pair of stainless steel optilock mounts for my new VXL scope I purchased in the States a couple of weeks back.

You can buy shirts and caps in the on line shop with the SD logo on. And as for taking a stand in some of the various game fairs up and down the country that would cost thousands :eek::eek:.

Better to share, but then its also the time as well, time is also valuable as I do need to work for a living along with Alex. However JAYB is in the autumn period :D and retired.

:D Now't wrong with Autumn Malc!, my favourite time of year,excepting the joints pains,.... Partridge on the plate, Etc, Etc...........:rofl:, seriously though, I reckon a lot of peeps miss the other pages, such as the shop, on site.

had a walk around the ngo at 12 could not see anything to suggest you where a sd member .on the plus side got some 30.06 hornaday ammo for £100 for five boxes of 20 .also went the whole hog and bought my new rifle with a new scope/rings bases ,just need a mod now.a lot of the dealers had a good discount on shotguns/ rifles so things are stilll slow in the trade i think.

if we did have a badge of some sort we would probably argue if it should be machined from a single billet ,braised ,diameter,blued or camo :D

Back