Keeping up with the program.

finnbear270

As most of my interactions concerning suitable calibres, has shall we say been interesting, (not), with Cheshire licensing dept, it seems that they will not consider anything, that has no entry/description appearing in Cartridges of the World, ( & then when it does so, they can be selectively word blind), ................... why can they not join us all in the real world?, ... courtesy of the woodchuck den,
The Tactical 20 was designed by Todd Kindler - Editor of Small Caliber News www.smallcaliber.com and owner of The Woodchuck Den, Inc. www.woodchuckden.com for precision long range varmint shooting. The goal was to design a twenty caliber cartridge with super long-range performance, but on a modest case design to minimize recoil and noise. Todd also selected the time proven and readily available top quality 223 case to base his Tactical 20 on (most shooters call it the 20 TAC or TAC 20 today). Todd designed the 20 TAC with the accuracy proven 30 degree shoulder and the proper neck length to accommodate a wide range of bullets that he knew would be available down the road.
It didn't take the 20 TAC very long to prove itself in the varmint shooting sports. It soon was destroying alfalfa eating woodchucks at 400 to 600 yards and stopping coyotes in their tracks with minimal pelt damage - something the most serious coyote hunter likes to see. Serious varmint shooters around the world started building 20 TAC's for their varmint hunting needs. It wasn't long until the word spread on the outstanding design and long range potential of this cartridge. Some of the shooters like Greg Tannel owner of Gre-Tan Rifles who just happens to have a solid reputation for building the most accurate competition and varmint rifles in the world built himself a 20 TAC and called it a "Death Ray On Varmints"!
The 20 TAC is one of the many early twenty caliber cartridges that Todd has designed and it soon "blew the 20 caliber door wide open"! With 30 to 40 grain bullets, it is one of the most accurate and efficient 20 calibers available today. With the high B.C. 40 grain bullets, it has less bullet drop and wind drift than the 220 Swift! And does it with less than 25 grains of powder compared to the 220 Swift using 39 grains of powder!
Recently Dakota Arms was so impressed with the 20 TAC that they decided to license it from Todd and soon there will be precision Lapua brass and loaded ammo for it. Todd has just completed testing the first production run of the Lapua/Dakota 20 TAC brass and he was very impressed with the excellent quality and precision of the new Lapua/Dakota 20 TAC cases. Probably going to fall on deaf ears!:rolleyes:

Ahhh finn are you expecting us, me especially, to be surprised?

I would really like to see the recruitment criteria for the Police Licensing departments as I feel it will confirm that they choose people who have no idea and unwilling or unable to learn. It can be the only explaination for the people they do have working there.

Finnbear,
I have been told that Cheshire do not allow the shooting of vermin with centrefires (not fox) a mate saying he cannot shoot rabbits with his 223:eek:
Surely this also means that anyone licensed in Cheshire wont be able to shoot rabbits with their centrefire anywhere else in the country because their FAC forbids it.
The obscenety about this so my friend tells me is that i can come and shoot rabbits in Cheshire with my 22-250 but he cant.
I am afraid to say that in cases like this some one with the guts to do it needs to take Cheshire to task and fight this in court but i am afraid this is very unlikely because the ramifications on that person would not be very pleasant.

Ian.

Surely this also means that anyone licensed in Cheshire wont be able to shoot rabbits with their centrefire anywhere else in the country because their FAC forbids it.
The obscenety about this so my friend tells me is that i can come and shoot rabbits in Cheshire with my 22-250 but he cant.

Ian, yup that's about it, and even more perversely your friend can use your rifle to shoot rabbits in Cheshire and elsewhere under the 'Estate Rifle' clause, (if you satisfy the criteria), yet he cannot use his own!

Back