Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rut question.

Rut question.

I sat until just on dark last night waiting for a buck to appear. No sign.
    After getting back to the truck (15mins) I decided to drive around looking for any bunnies that needed to meet mr twotwo. As I reached the clearing I'd sat above, yep, you guessed it, there is Mr Buck and his girlfriend happily feeding away.
    My question is, how long is he likely to stay in attendance for around this doe? She has twins kids and I often see her in the same place.

Tony
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

as long as it takes mate.
    they were not rutting at that point and not likely to for a good few days so try again.
    much the same here, does with followers and bucks not far away but NO interest in whats going on.

Interesting

They're definitely rutting down here now. Wonder what the time period is from first to last rutting action across the UK?

A friend is spending this week stalking Roe in SW Scotland and watched 2 seperate rutting couples yesterday morning. I have not seen any rutting activity but lots of bucks and does, also suprisingly lots of solitary does. I hear that others in my area have seen rutting activity over the lat 2 weeks! From other posts it appears the roe rut appeared to start earlier in Scotland than down south!

D

nO HARM IN GOING BACK AND HAVEING A LOOK MATE .nORMALLY HERE WE GET 15 - 20 DAYS OF RUTTING AND THEN IT TAILS OFF AND WE ARE NEAR THAT STAGE IN SOME AREAS GLASGOW FOR INSTANCE BUT THE AYRSHIRE SIDE SEEMS LIKE ITS NOT STARTED YET. PS STAY LONGER YOU DO KNOW THAT THE DEER WILL RUT HAPPIER IN THE DARKNESS. OR BE THERE ONE FULL HOUR BEFORE THE LIGHT YOU WILL GET HIM.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Buck barking constantly this morning, walking to work, just over the fence into the Nature Reserve, Doe came charging out of the wood followed by the Buck in hot pursuit....not 10m from me. This is in North Yorkshire.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

I've been seeing quite a few bucks chasing does in the last 2 weeks. So I took the buttolo call yesterday morning but nothing came to it, i still was able to get the client a buck though and he wasn't that interested in the doe next him. Its a bit on and off though but i think its starting to get ready now.
    I shot this guy chasing a doe last week.

Definitely on in Berkshire now. I shot a nice buck chasing a doe last week.

It's deffo happening here in Mid Devon.

My son & I were out yesterday evening and waiting for a buck feeding and heading our way across an adjacent field. I was just about to squeak him when his head came up and he made off purposely back towards the wood edge. A minute or two later and he emerged chasing a doe round and round for a good 5 minutes before mounting her.

The deed done they both started feeding slowly towards us but as the light was going I thought I'd try and get at least him moving by squeaking the Buttalo. It had more of an impact on her as she ran full pelt towards the dividing hedge and he followed on at a distance. A few seconds later and she had collected the fawn that she'd obviously left earlier in the headland and made her way back to the centre of the field.

No buck but something to put in the memory bank nonetheless.

I was in Thetford at the weekend saw lots of does with out a buck in attendance . Although i did see one buck chasing a doe