Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why have I become a Knife Magpie?

Why have I become a Knife Magpie?

Gents

I was having my "proper Clear out" & have just realised that I have become a knife magpie!

Is this normal, I could not possibly ever use them all in a bloody lifetime, I just see a new one at a show & have the pressing need to part with my hard earned cash it seems!

Is this normal & does anyone else have this problem?

The stupid thing is that the one that I seem to Favor (cammo Gerber), cost me $20 in a wallmart last time I was stateside!

The rest cost a whole lot more!

Regs Lee
    Last edited by lwcdart; 26-07-2011 at 12:37.

its easy to get caught up in collecting knives, i was heavily into martial arts for a long number of years and collected knives from each country i visited. The days when you could bring almost anything through airport security , i was fighting in reno nevada in 1988 and a team mate brought a samurai sword on board the plane to prevent damage, not a word said. there is something to be said for a good knife. the daughter of the family of mora knives worked with our company for a while she was based in sweden , nice girl.

regards
    keith

I feel there is something deeper than this and some one that was in to psychiatry might worry about your state of mind !!!. Like you said you can only use one at a time and one spare. Do you find them pretty ? do you hold them lovingly ?constantly clean them and covert them and other peoples?. Do you feel insecure at times ? Dose having knifes seem to give you that (i can deal with problems type of attitude)HARDMAN IN THE BACK POCKET. Many many question would be ask of such a manic knife collector so keep this to were it belongs on the forum of the SD .
    PS I HAVE TWO KNIFES AT THIS MOMENT AND BOTH COME OUT WITH ME.

I would say you are displaying abnormal behaviour- you need far more than just 4!

They are all far too short, & have no blood grooves!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

If you only got 4 knives you must be weird lol.

what are their names??
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

BK, are you asking us to name the puppies?????????
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

lol no,
    its just worrying when they are name Mr Stabby etc
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

Knife Magpie

Guys

2 of them are on the sale list i am afraid to say, dont think I will ever use the swing blade or the orange Omni hunter & 2 of my mates need back up ones so they are going to good homes.

Regs Lee

Nice Rack by the way!