Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neck Shooting Roe.

Neck Shooting Roe.

Hiya, I'd just like your opinion on neck shooting Roe?? Just seen an ex old mate, bragging about neck shooting a Buck with a .222....any thoughts...I was always told by an ex stalker, the engine room or nothing...not that i've shot many Roe...but any I have shot were all in the heart/lungs area..
    I do know all the links that came up when I Googled it, all came up with engine room placement...

I think you'll find the consensus is engine room but, if a neck shot is presented and within your capability, why not.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

If you need to ask on here maybe you should stick to the big area...

Totally up to the individual ,if your not the man behind the trigger you don't have a opinion leave that to the person shooting , there call .

You can throw all the arguments in the hat best practice all the what if's on many of the estates, the stalker will only take the beasts in the neck due to the venison resale as will the SAS stalker gaining maximum quality meat.

I get the same price for neck, head or chest shots so you can probably guess what I choose....

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    I get the same price for neck, head or chest shots so you can probably guess what I choose....
    Oh no you don't you can trust me on that .you being south of the border maybe different put your stuff through the quality venison assurance they do not want crap. They cannot sell stuff that is bruised and the ribs are like at train wreck

Well thats another good case for starting a deer farm! I get decent money for chest shot stuff so am happy with that..

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Well thats another good case for starting a deer farm! I get decent money for chest shot stuff so am happy with that..
    As I said it is up to the individual ,as Clint Eastwood says ,Man has got to know his limitations.

There are many that don't .

Hi guys, thanks for the input.......much appreciated.
    It's not me doing the shooting....I certainly won't be doing neck shots on any Roe.....I'm not experienced enough for thatI thought it was frowned on....it is with the stalker guy i know....he says he's seen too many wounded beasts.Again, thanks for yer thoughts.

Same price for pump house or neck, chest and shoulders end up in sausages or pies, dealers only interested in loin and haunches, so the choice is yours, it's all down to your ability to hit what you aim at.