Thread: Ullapool Rut??

Ullapool Rut??

Does any body know is the rut has started yet aroung the ullapool area, we are going to stay on rhidorroch estate ( for the 9th time) in half term (around the 26th) and i was hoping some knowledgeable bod could tell me if im going to miss it..

thanks guys

Sam

The stag's have started rutting in Argyle and Bute, I was calling them last night.(without luck) although I got a chap his first red stag so that was nice. You might catch the tail end of the rut by the 26th but the stags are out of season then.

Best rgds

Tahr

we go for hinds, i like to take the camera though and have some good pics

I have two friends stalking in an area I have access to above Ullapool right at this moment and the rut is just about on at present, although you will still find a lot of travelling stags at present. By the time you are up there on the 26th they should still be roaring, but generally most of the older stags will have finished. Again much will depend on the weather

I shall be up there at the sametime, and I leave this week for the highlands, just over 3 weeks with clients, plus some of the motley crew off this site on my own personal 8000 lease. I will let you know how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc
    I have two friends stalking in an area I have access to above Ullapool right at this moment and the rut is just about on at present, although you will still find a lot of travelling stags at present. By the time you are up there on the 26th they should still be roaring, but generally most of the older stags will have finished. Again much will depend on the weather

I shall be up there at the sametime, and I leave this week for the highlands, just over 3 weeks with clients, plus some of the motley crew off this site on my own personal 8000 lease. I will let you know how it goes
    Good luck Malc with your clients and the 'motley crew'
    Jonathon