Thread: wildboar semen for AI?

wildboar semen for AI?

Hi all

does anyone know where i may be able to obtain some wild boar semen for AI purposes on two of our sows?

thanks
    K

Try a zoo, or crawl through the forest of Dean on hands & knees with your undies down.
    There are lots of so called wild parks in germany with ca. 20 animals kept in enclosures.
    Possibly a freshly shot keiler could be milked but the preservation of semen would need to be done using vets equipment ie a -250 degree container to transport it in.
    Martin

Most [all?] pig AI is done with chilled, diluted preserved semen, rather than frozen.

The British Wild Boar Association will have contacts in the boar spunk department if you get in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    The British Wild Boar Association will have contacts in the boar spunk department if you get in touch.
    Are they still in existance and have you got a link?

You could ship your sows down to me in the New Forest, I have a very large boar (polish descent) who I'm sure would love to get stuck into some virgin lady pigs.

P.M me if interested

Actually, my mistake.... The British Wild Boar Association seems to be a hush hush po box organisation that has no named persons action on their behalf. It's most likely a top secret goverment agency . There's always Dr Martin Goulding, he's posted on here before and has the Wild Boar in Britain

good luck!

boar semen

Quote Originally Posted by Fallow Buck View Post
    Hi all

does anyone know where i may be able to obtain some wild boar semen for AI purposes on two of our sows?

thanks
    K
    try releasing your sows in the forest of deam for afortnight in october with radio collars on so that you can get them back again. Ther aea plenty of pigs there now

eddyslimfast

How does one Ackley Improve boar semen!?! I'm not sure I'd want to go through the fireforming process!!!!

Scrummy

PS Nor do like the sound of chamber reaming!!!!