Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sga auctions

sga auctions

scottish gamekeepers association ,has deer stalking auction you can find out more about it go to www.scottishgamekeepers.co.uk

http://www.scottishgamekeepers.co.uk...%20Auction.pdf

I see Ardnamurchan is the most expensive, strage that given the cost to get there and the remoteness of the place i think his valuation is similar to his ego, overly inflated.

some deals look interesting though
    Last edited by 308boy; 28-07-2011 at 14:16.

errr... ouch!...

LOT 3
    1 Day Stag Stalking on Ardnamurchan Estate with Accommodation at a local hotel. For 1 Rifle.
    July 2011.
    Donated by: Niall Rowantree
    Guide: 600.00 Contact: Mr Niall Rowantree

Closing date for auction is 5th August. How does that work then...?

I don't know the man but given the above comment, perhaps he can stop time...

Expensive but its offering accomadation as well, dont see how getting there will cost more than any other place up north.

LOT 14
    1 day Fallow Doe stalking. For 2 Rifles. Over Mur thly Estate in beautiful Per thshire.
    Dates to be arranged with Head Keeper.
    Donated by: Murthly Estate
    Guide: 240.00 Contact: Mr Fergie McGregor

On a more positive note, can I suggest for anyone who does not know this area or the estate, this seems to me to be one of the best lots on the auction. Murthly is simply stunning, set in some of the best scenery to be had and about an hours drive from the Forth Road Bridge on the outskirts of Edinburgh. Of all the places I have visited in Scotland, the surrounding area of Dunkeld features right at the top of the list.

I have fished the river Tay there a lot and know the area well. To anyone considering this lot, if it goes for what the guide price suggests, it has to be a bargain!!!

Note: I have no connection to the state or any keepers there, just thought some on here may appreciate a personal comment.

Well done Jamross. Its nice to a positive post about what is, as far as I can tell, a charitable auction for the benefit of shooting interests north of the border.

I bought a day muntjac stalking in the Wild Trout Trust auction. Following your reccomendation, I'm minded to have a punt on one of the lots on here as well.

Cheers,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    LOT 14
    1 day Fallow Doe stalking. For 2 Rifles. Over Mur thly Estate in beautiful Per thshire.
    Dates to be arranged with Head Keeper.
    Donated by: Murthly Estate
    Guide: 240.00 Contact: Mr Fergie McGregor.....
    I spent a very pleasant day with Fergie some years ago. He got me into a doe in the morning (high above the A9/River Tay) and a doe in the afternoon. Regards JCS

Well bid a 10 er 308 boy you can go last week ha ha .600 dose seem over the top but if some one pays it then i supose it is going to a cause.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Well bid a 10 er 308 boy you can go last week ha ha .600 dose seem over the top but if some one pays it then i supose it is going to a cause.
    Good point though as they are only guide prices...

I may be showing my ignorance here, but I assume they don't put a reserve on anything as such?