Buttallo calling advice

mosa

I acquired one of these st the cla. Do I use it only when I see a roe buck or use it to attract one near my position cheers in advance of any replies

Look through some of these mate they will give you a good idea .ps good luck because that dose play a bit of a part

Last edited:
Good vids 6pointer have u ever used the reed call from buttalo I got one at scone but no instructions so I'm not sure how to tune it

I have one and its great i set it at a very high pitch and use it muffled i have only had does come in were as with the buttalo i can call bucks as well with the deep push that squawks at the last bit of the thumb push.

Last edited:
Mosa found this link on previous thread Buttolo Call -The Hunting Life everything u need to know about the bulb I'm glad u say the high pitch 6pointer as that's the only one I can manage lol will be giving it a go tomorow so hopefully that luck will turn up aswell

Personally I would advise anyone just starting out to call only on seeing a buck or doe so you can see what the actually reaction is to the call
no point calling blind if the way you use the call is never going to bring a deer in

There's a 'Roe Calling' CD by Richad Prior that is very good for learning about the different calls to make and when. I got mine from the BDS website for about £10.

Last edited:
I acquired one of these st the cla. Do I use it only when I see a roe buck or use it to attract one near my position cheers in advance of any replies

Drop John Robson (Yorkshire roe stalking) a PM. He's just written an article on this in this months Sporting rifle.

As this call is loud you are advised to use it in your pocket but it can be toned down very successfuly by removing the bulb and pressing in some toilet paper. It gives the same sounds but much quieter and a plus is that you can use it hanging from your neck eliminating all that firking around in your pockets.
John.

There was also a bit on Fieldsports Britain in the last (or recent, anyway) episode, with that falconer bloke doing it. He was Not using a technique I am familiar with but I had a go last week and a buck came charging up behind me. Scarpered as soon as he realised his mistake. Probably put him off sex for life!! Nearly had the same effect on me:eek:

Back