Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fallow Rut

Fallow Rut

I was stalking this weekend in West Sussex for Fallow and Roe, having just succesfully gained permission to join up with a fellow stalker who has asked me to join forces with him to take on the cull on a 2,250acre estate. I was well chuffed as this backs on to my own area of 210 acres of Roe Stalking I have. Happy Days

I took a very fat, fallow buck with a very poor head on Saturday morning and thought the evening before I heard a Buck grunt, but was unsure. Anyone else noticed the rut as being on in their area.

First grunts heard Saturday morning near High Wycombe, Bucks (funny that).
    Mark

A few grunts heard last Saturday on the far west of West Sussex.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyshrek
    I heard a few grunts yesterday morning, then realised Mrs basil was still sleeping.
    basil.

heard a prolonged grunting session saturday morningin west oxfordhire

Heard a buck on Saturday morning whilst I was in High seat in the Cotswolds, also reports of a few marking out in same area.

On my home patch (in Herefordshire) of about 300 acres and which only seems to hold bucks they seem have drifted off to find the does as no fresh signs about for the last week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas
    Heard a buck on Saturday morning whilst I was in High seat in the Cotswolds, also reports of a few marking out in same area.

On my home patch (in Herefordshire) of about 300 acres and which only seems to hold bucks they seem have drifted off to find the does as no fresh signs about for the last week or so.
    where in Herefordshire are you, I'm in the north of the county
    Jonathon

Very Quite on Dinmore Herefordshire, but I don't expect much until about the 10th October and then it needs agood hard frost for it to kick-in

Heard some Fallow grunting and a couple of Sika whistling in the New Forest last weekend, but they sounded half-hearted. Maybe they'll start for real soon.
    G