Thread: Fresh cut hay field

Fresh cut hay field

Just got back, had three nice foxes off a fresh cut field two just on the edge of dark with my mate pulling off a cracking shot 350 yrds. Spotted two others with the night vision then the frigging batteries died, doh! Back to the car for the lamp and nailed the third. Good nights work. Don't they just love fresh cut fields, great fox magnets.

Yes, however problem at momment is that in our area virtually every field of grass has been cut and they are combining so foxes scattered everywhere. Normally find that the first silage cut in May is a dead cert.

Last night looked at masses of cut grass not a thing, but got one walking up the farm drive!!

But thats foxing.

D

3 foxes...I would be happy with that. I am looking forward to when my local permission cuts his crops.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest

just been for a quick look around nailed a cub ,well grown ,missed another at 150+ saw another 2 ,not safe shots so left them for another night .not bad for 15 mins work ,its only a small place

I went round 7 farms and all have hay cut and never seen a thing... I just can't figure that one out, i think it may have been too still and warm and they are probably cleaning up during daylight.

mines ready to be cut any time now but will have to my mate to shoot them my back gone (prolaps disc) can.t get my boots on never mind pick up my gun hope to be back at soon ????

Some fields get massive pressure from cleanup squads of Poo Peckers, leaving very little for Reynard.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I try and get out the same night that Hay/Silage has been cut.
    Atb John.

Quote Originally Posted by J DAVISON View Post
    I try and get out the same night that Hay/Silage has been cut.
    Atb John.
    Your'e not on your own with this practice, Iv'e seen em waiting for the machinery to exit the gate at end of work,!!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!