Thread: Ria 60 mtr track

Ria 60 mtr track

I was giving Ria ago at this tracking again while this might not go down well with some i thought she did well .
    No lead just a steady find.

VIDEO

Good girl Ria. I thought it was a deer skin she was tracking to but "what you goat" ?? LOL

Hey i thought it didnt mater what it was she was tracking any way she had a start a middle and an end and that will do for me lad ha ha

Thats what its all about Davie, i just use blood and a roe skin with head attached at the end upto a max off 300 yards for mine and im delighted. Great to see her doing well.

How are you laying your tracks? From the video it looks as if she's picking up and eating tidbits along the way?

She is ! Every ten paces ,i started off at 5 but after to day i think i will give it a buy.
    Last edited by 6pointer; 31-07-2011 at 19:24.

Account Suspended
    Today 14:23
    Orion
    How are you laying your tracks? From the video it looks as if she's picking up and eating tidbits along the way?

Today 16:38
    6pointer
    She is ever ten paces i started off at 5 but after to day i think i will give it a buy.
    Can I ask?... What do you guys use as rewards...deer liver, lung, meat or something else?

I've been using wee scraps of venison and plenty of blood with a 12 week old pup so I'm always interested to know what other folk do.
    Last edited by Tamus; 31-07-2011 at 17:13. Reason: more words :-)

Tamus i am lucky Ria is a greedy bugger and for her it is liver heart kidny half cooked and very small bits laid out on trail. I dont think she needs them now but it keeps her interested and lets me know she is on the correct path.

Nice video 6pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
    Can I ask?... What do you guys use as rewards...deer liver, lung, meat or something else?
    I use a head at the end of the track and have a big game when pup gets to end. I've found it has helped when advancing with tortverbeller later on in training.