Thread: Wiltshire Police Firearms Dept.

Wiltshire Police Firearms Dept.

Ten out of ten for the wilts firearms dept. I wanted a variation to the ticket, phoned thurs at 9am to ask for an appointment, had app for 1pm (same day) . Out of police station 20min later all done!!!! Possibly best firearms dept in country!!!!!!!!

same here went in for variation and took 20 mins very impressed! a firearms dept who are good at their jobs

Where are you ??

Quote Originally Posted by Neil M View Post
    Ten out of ten for the wilts firearms dept. I wanted a variation to the ticket, phoned thurs at 9am to ask for an appointment, had app for 1pm (same day) . Out of police station 20min later all done!!!! Possibly best firearms dept in country!!!!!!!!
    I've always had excellent service from them - including a 1 for 1 variation this week. Efficient and polite - can't be faulted.
    Last edited by Moonraker68; 30-07-2011 at 06:34.

It's good to hear a few good news stories. I can only give praise the North Wales FLO as I recently wanted to buy a new .270 and p/x my current .270 and didn't want the hassle of making two potentially long journeys to carry out two transactions with the same RFD. He gave me a slot for the new rifle/mod and a temporary slot for the one I'm selling so that I can do the business in one go - full marks to them.

never had a problem with the wiltshire force, very good

It's a shame that all firearms admins can't be as good as Wilts, it would certainly make life easier for the rest of us.