Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cycle Mount??

Cycle Mount??

Having become unfit and car reliant I decided to dust down my mountain bike and actually use it instead of it just cluttering up the shed . I also want to use it to get me to my local fox and rabbit permissions instead of using the car. Does anyone have any ideas of how to mount the rifle to the bike that will keep it enclosed, safe and is not to expensive?

Cheers

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by chickenman View Post
    Having become unfit and car reliant I decided to dust down my mountain bike and actually use it instead of it just cluttering up the shed . I also want to use it to get me to my local fox and rabbit permissions instead of using the car. Does anyone have any ideas of how to mount the rifle to the bike that will keep it enclosed, safe and is not to expensive?

Cheers

Pete
    what do you mean, become unfit. you were born unfit

Bunjee cords to the crossbar...

what about the quad rifle cases?
    hard plastic ones.
    if you were clever with placement you could have it mounted in line with the top tube between your legs

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    what about the quad rifle cases?
    hard plastic ones.
    if you were clever with placement you could have it mounted in line with the top tube between your legs
    Pete

Problem with crossbar is it will get in the way of your legs. If its a close cycle I would put the slip on your back. I have a trailer for the kids and that would take a heap of gear, you could get a rifle gear and a roe in no sweat. just have to be very careful about blood etc. my ground far to far to cycle so never done it. you could get one cheep of ebay or similar.

on the subject of foxing got 10 for 10 shots last night. new PB

Hi Pete you cheeky git, harse but fair re my fitness , why do you think I have never been for Red . Just been into the bike shop and had some ideas put my way so looking into them, might even look at the trailer option as I could bike to where I shoot the Roe with ease.

Cheers bud....and guess you got a grenade launcher if you getting that many foxes !

sorry but I had to laugh as I can just imagine the horror of Lincs plods if one was to start cycling to shooting grounds.. let alone towing a small trailer with a carcase..................... Oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    sorry but I had to laugh as I can just imagine the horror of Lincs plods if one was to start cycling to shooting grounds.. let alone towing a small trailer with a carcase..................... Oh dear.

if its legal i wood tell them to leave me alone. You could always use the lower carbon footprint argument its a PC issue so they would likely back off.

How would they know what was in the trailer anyway? mine is enclosed and if it were a mile or two I could see this as being practical.

If you had a mountain bike you could put stabilisers on the back a lightforce on the front and lamp from it

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    we dont need suffolk solutions