Gralloching

ksb

i havent been stalking very long and have only managed two deer ( from 2 shots ) so far, this morning got me the second. Even though it was only a fallow prickett i found that handling a deer alone requires some practise and experience. i am on the lookout for a dvd that will take me through the entire process and would like to know what you reccommend. i searched some similar topics but want to know if there have been any new releases etc that i should consider. If anyone has a copy that they dont use any more i would happily buy it from them.

thanks
keith

I believe the BDS do a video/DVD of this.

Have you tried a suspended Gralloch with the use of a tree or any other structure you can get a Deer off the ground with?

After shooting only Roe for a couple of years, then shooting a Red.....That was a struggle to say the least!!

TJ

a friend took me out for reds this time last year and we only seen a couple of hinds, at that point i decided that i would wait until november to stalk again for reds as there was no way i could of handled one with the amount of experience i have.

I suspended the fallow from my high seat which made it a little easier but i guess practise will make perfect. my normal stalking partner is pretty much at the same level as myself so we are learning as we go.

keith

well done on your Pricket. "The stalkers guide to gralloching & Post-mortem inspection of Deer " might be of use to you Google search "Donington Deer Management"

+1 on the BDS video very well done and shows both a full gralloch out side suspended and a field gralloch were the beast is finnished inside.

try the bds i would think they would do a dvd.the more deer you shoot the better you will get take your time.well done on the pricket.

A mate I shoot with in Ireland has a dvd out now which includes gralloching. It's been reveiwed by the shooting papers who all thought it was good. It's by David Dunne who's the chairman of the Irish Wild Deer Association. I've seen him gralloching a deer and it's amazing - he's even taught his young un to do it. i'll try and locate the video so you can see. When he replies to my txt i'll let you know the name of the dvd and where you can get it - update, if you email him on davehunter69@yahoo.com he says he'll send one out direct to you

Atb

Scrun

A mate I shoot with in Ireland has a dvd out now which includes gralloching. It's been reveiwed by the shooting papers who all thought it was good. It's by David Dunne who's the chairman of the Irish Wild Deer Association. I've seen him gralloching a deer and it's amazing - he's even taught his young un to do it. i'll try and locate the video so you can see. When he replies to my txt i'll let you know the name of the dvd and where you can get it - update, if you email him on davehunter69@yahoo.com he says he'll send one out direct to you

Atb

Scrun

cheers scrun

I have the bds gralloching dvd it gives good information they also have a good butchering dvd and i believe they have a deal on the shop page for both.

Bds have reduced price of DVD as stated above one fault that stands out a mile is it is being carried out in leaf litter when there is nice clean grass a few yards away I was always told to find the cleanest area around before starting a gralloch.:stir:;)

+ 1 for the BDS vid i have seen it and at 10 quid its excellent value, they also did a butchering dvd. if that is reduced also i would buy both.
Well done on your first Fallow :thumb:

Any way you could get yourself out with the likes of a FC stalker and get some hands on that way? It really is simple once an experienced hand has shown you. That's what I did. Quiet often these people appreciate the Help dragging out beasts. I never shot just carried!

Back