Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nelly bmh the real thing.

Nelly bmh the real thing.

HERE IS NELLY ON HER FIRST DEER, MADE A SHORT TRAIL FOR HER AFTER SHOOTING THIS YOUNG ROEBUCK.

AS YOU CAN SEE NELLY IS WEARING THIS YEARS NEW COLOUR ULTRA YELLOW

Quote Originally Posted by BROCK77 View Post

AS YOU CAN SEE NELLY IS WEARING THIS YEARS NEW COLOUR ULTRA YELLOW
    Nah, that is soooooooooo last season. Can't be proper tracking dog - where's her hanky?

coming along well

Nelly bmh the real thing

Nice to see a bmh working and being trained properly.No running around hoping for a scent.A partnership of dog and handler as it should be done.Well done Ade
    Kit

Fantastic mate she is comming on well and she is certainly thinking about deer on them turns. It must be the collar that gives her the edge over my bitch running around hopeing to find a sent .@kit. I am sure no mater what she wares she will do the job .

Fair play to you for posting your vids, seems like you hav a good dog in the making and coming on well
    just seems a bit to keen to get there at the mo which is causing the over shooting,
    allowing it less length of leash should help slow it down a bit and also give you a bit more control
    but nice dog all the same

Well done Nelly

Whether the dog has a harness or a collar in day glo makes no difference to the training. The Bavarian Club in Germany have some, if not the highest standards to adhere to. People who make a mockery on an open forum about such high standards are not doing themselves or the breed any good what so ever, they are also to a certain extent bringing this site into disrepute.

I have a harness in day glo red that Todd wears when tracking in the evening, in dense cover with a torch its easier to pick the dog up, although this is his second harness, as he has worn out the first one.

You never stop learning when you have dogs, and for anyone who comes on here and keeps knocking everyone who wants to trail their dog to a standard laid down by the UK BMH or the German BMH Society it is not welcome on here. It is up to the individual how they want to train their dog and their business. If you want to trail your dog with offal well thats up to you and if this is the way you have trained your dogs in the past thats fine by me, but Bavarians are a little bit different
    Last edited by sikamalc; 02-08-2011 at 17:35.

well done nelly looks like she's coming on really well, lovely looking bitch too! i hope to get myself a bmh next year when i get myself a decent bit of ground that would make it worthwhile having one!
    regards, Jez.
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

Excellent - nice video!