Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Another bino thread ohh dear!!!!!!!!!!!

  1. #1

    Another bino thread ohh dear!!!!!!!!!!!

    I took my mum stalking this morning. She has always been curious to see why I get up at stupid o'clock in the morning. When she asked me last night " what do I bring with me?" I told her if she had binoculars to bring them.

    My mum then turned up this morning with a set of ziess she had bought my dad for his birthday in 1979.

    All i can say is that they were better than the ones I was using by a long way. So impressed am I that I have been surching eBay all day long now for a set of my own. I'm going to end up saving a packet on what I was going to spend on a set of low enders.

    Nice one ziess

  2. #2
    Dream on... bino technology has moved on leaps and bounds since then.. but if you think otherwise you haven't tried todays products.

  3. #3
    Carl zeiss jena jenoptem ahh!! excellent binoculars though its true binoculars have moved on quite a bit since then especially ergonomically, those old multicoated ziess lens if you find a well looked after pair, really will hold their own against all manner of new binoculars IMHO especially considering you might get a real bargain for 100 or so if you do try to purchase 1970s era ziess jenas just be sure not to buy fake check all models have DDR stamp and have 7 digit serial nos good luck!!!!


    just noticed these on ebay look really nice 7x50s
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carl-Zeiss...item45fc2ddb3a
    Last edited by dlz90; 01-08-2011 at 23:32.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Dream on... bino technology has moved on leaps and bounds since then.. but if you think otherwise you haven't tried todays products.
    Thank you For that. You missed the point I think. I never even told you the make I'm using at the moment did I !!!!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dlz90 View Post
    Carl zeiss jena jenoptem ahh!! excellent binoculars though its true binoculars have moved on quite a bit since then especially ergonomically, those old multicoated ziess lens if you find a well looked after pair, really will hold their own against all manner of new binoculars IMHO especially considering you might get a real bargain for 100 or so if you do try to purchase 1970s era ziess jenas just be sure not to buy fake check all models have DDR stamp and have 7 digit serial nos good luck!!!!


    just noticed these on ebay look really nice 7x50s
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carl-Zeiss...item45fc2ddb3a

    I'm watching those already. Nice tip about the DDR stamp cheers. I will get a nice new pair of binos one day

  6. #6
    But did your Mum enjoy herself ?

    Neil.

  7. #7
    Carl zeiss jena jenoptem

    i got a pair of 10x50s you can have for 150 if you want them, they are in the original zeiss case and good nick!

  8. #8
    Excellent bins, my late grandmother got me a pair from Argos probably 30yrs ago, lived in my car for years indispensible when i was pigeon shooting. They may be an old fashion design but they are not much optically inferior to my 10x42HD Geovids!!

    Just a little bulky.

    D

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by danimal View Post
    Carl zeiss jena jenoptem

    i got a pair of 10x50s you can have for 150 if you want them, they are in the original zeiss case and good nick!
    Many thanks I will let you know

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    But did your Mum enjoy herself ?

    Neil.
    She loved it mate. she said she found it educational. Once she cracked on where to look she was a demon spotter.

Similar Threads

  1. Dear All
    By Derek Dixon in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-06-2011, 17:06
  2. Dear God
    By Taystalker in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25-12-2010, 20:48
  3. new dear shooter
    By warren in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-12-2010, 22:03
  4. Dear Santa, please may I have . . .
    By Iwrch in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-06-2009, 21:18
  5. Dear Heads
    By nielaj in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-08-2008, 07:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •