Best scope for .17HMR

Oliver

I'm looking at replacing my Leupold VX1 3-9 x 40 with a scope with greater magnification to suit my new Sako Quad .17HMR.

I'd like a good low light scope for shooting to 150 yds+ for sub £500.

Any views on good scopes please?

Cheers

Oliver i think the general form on this forum is that you introduce yourself first prior to starting threads and looking for a response. Welcome to the site anyway.

if you had asked that question 2 weeks ago I would have sold you my 6.5-20 VX3 Leupold that was on my HMR but now resides on my 243.
I have decided to keep it but it worked a treat with the thin varmint reticule.

there are two for sale on airgunbbs (where this question crops up a lot).

I also have an SMK Mildot 4-16x50AOE Illuminated that I have used to good effect.
the front parallax is quite effective for ranging things but for the HMR is not that significant.
Its a £100 scope new that does the job just fine.

Is your leupold a matt VX1 or gloss Vx1?
Are you selling it?

Hi Oliver, welcome to the site.

As has been said, do a search on threads and you'll find a great deal of information, but in essence, I think you are looking for a 50 or 56mm objective and a varimag up to 16 or 20?
I'd buy second hand and I'd buy the highest quality you can lay your hands on.

Premier Scopes - Swarovski, Zeiss, Leica, Kahles, Nightforce
First Rate - Nikon, Minox, Leupold, IOR, Pecar

and of course there are others.

E t R

Check out the MTC scopes on the market i know alot of people with them on their .17's I think its the mamba and the viper models. great little reticles

just put an S&B 8x56 klassik on mine, bought it off here for £400 and am so glad i did, exellent scope, clear as a bell, brilliant in low light and it's bomb proof, what more could you want for sub £500, on top of that, it'll hold its price as well :D

Tikkat3

Why ? It's hardly a long range round what you have is more than enough any more and it's a waste of cash. Unless you have bad eyesight.

Back