Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunshop Rugby / .243 Sauer Outback

Gunshop Rugby / .243 Sauer Outback

To anyone considering a new or s/h rifle purchase.

I recently bought a S/H .243 Sauer Outback from Terry at the Gunshop Rugby and thoroughly recommend them for their accurate description and excellent service.

Anybody thinking of a similar rifle, they have another S/H .243 Outback with the built in weaver type bases.

I put an A-tec Maxim moderator on and recommend it for weight, design and performance.

Keyhole performance with factory ammo.

Why buy a Sako when you could have a Sauer?

Regards

BP

Thats a question i would ask lol

is this going to end up with mines bigger than yours

Another thumbs up for The Gun Shop - Rugby, Terry and Martin certainly are extremely helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben P View Post
    BP
    mmmm! let me think for a second, because I do prefer a consistantly accurate rifle thats why i would buy a sako
    Let the fun begin

Whilst not a rifle purchase I did travel up there from Oxfordshire a couple of weeks back to pick up some 6.5x55 Federal Power Shoks as no one round here had any & found the staff very friendly & helpful, so helpful in fact I came away not only with 200 rounds of 6.5x55 but a very nice little 20G AYA No2!!!

Martin gave me a good discount on the AYA as well & the young lady that served me was a little cracker to boot!

Cheers

Chris
    Last edited by Chris Rob; 02-08-2011 at 19:02.
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by MARKG View Post
    mmmm! let me think for a second, because I do prefer a consistantly accurate rifle thats why i would buy a sako
    Let the fun begin
    Is that someone else who reads more magazine articles than pulls triggers? Admittedly, you'll tend not to get a tiny cluster from a cold Sauer barrel, my own follows a pattern of two touching, one an inch away. This still gives a group of 1.5" or less, but it'll do this every time I take it out of the cupboard. To me that IS consistent.
    I am not saying Sauers are better than any other particular rifle, but since Bruce Potts wrote his "consistent" comment many people seem to decry the Sauer's consistency, many without ever shooting one.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    Admittedly, you'll tend not to get a tiny cluster from a cold Sauer barrel, my own follows a pattern of two touching, one an inch away. This still gives a group of 1.5" or less, but it'll do this every time I take it out of the cupboard.
    exactly what i was tryng to say, but you've worded it better.
    My SAKO will give consistant acuuracy of less than an inch, and so will my remington 700 (that i usually shoot every week).

Well i have a Sauer and have had many Sako,s My mate still shoots a sako 6.5 and before he got the barrel changed on a 75 model my wee sauer at a fraction of the weight out shot it every time.

Had 75, 85 and a 202 all in 270 cal. The Sako's were more accurate than the Sauer, not by much and not enough to make a difference when shooting deer.The 75 was very reliable but slightly heavy, 85 wasn't reliable( first one lasted 10 months then got changed for another which lasted 2 months before it needed repaired. The Sauer lasted 2 years before the barrel wore out. You pay your money and takes your chance.If i had to i would go for the Sako over the Sauer.
    Al