Thread: Hello from the States

Hello from the States

I was pointed in the direction of this site by "The Croc" . Daughter is coming to Oxford to study abroad in early 2013 and we are planning to come for about 30 days at the end of her spring term.

Being Military (Air Force reserve) and an avid outdoorsman (primarily waterfowl along with labrador training). I am planning to find some hunting while in the UK. As I told The Croc, I am a collector of experiences more so than a trophy hunter so do take part in something as "British" as a Roe stalk, even if all I tag is a small cull buck would be my goal.

Also, I am a seasoned archery hunter (although I understand that is not permitted in the UK??) and have taken many whitetail deer that way.

Fair enough start for an intro??

Welcome aboard Curtis, good to see you here.

Brian

Wewlcome to the site, a very nice intro

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

PM sent Curtis
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Hello..............If you have time to E mail me on mbpinner@btinternet.com I may well be able to give you a days rough shooting when you eventually get here. Up to you sir. Yours aye MBP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cootmeurer View Post
    I was pointed in the direction of this site by "The Croc" . Daughter is coming to Oxford to study abroad in early 2013 and we are planning to come for about 30 days at the end of her spring term.

Being Military (Air Force reserve) and an avid outdoorsman (primarily waterfowl along with labrador training). I am planning to find some hunting while in the UK. As I told The Croc, I am a collector of experiences more so than a trophy hunter so do take part in something as "British" as a Roe stalk, even if all I tag is a small cull buck would be my goal.

Also, I am a seasoned archery hunter (although I understand that is not permitted in the UK??) and have taken many whitetail deer that way.

Fair enough start for an intro??

Depending on the time of year you come over I should be able to offer you someting if it is only shooting rabbits at night time.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

Thank you all for the kind welcome and offers. As the time draws nearer (and my vocabulary becomes better - so that I can actually state what I would like to do using the correct vernacular) I will not be shy at asking questions.

welcome to the site, and eventually to oxfordshire,

I hope they both live up to you, and your daughters expectation's.

I am sure you will be made very welcome at both locations.

give me a call when you come over and I will get you on to some deer and fox no charge