Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What comes after Level 2?

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar

What comes after Level 2?

Having now completed it, what comes next......Is there a natural step to take?

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Become an AW if you feel you can pass on your skills and experience to others and do some witnessing

AW thats what i did after a couple of years !

and i have to say its quite nice watching other people stalk and seeing how they do things , also greatly satisfying when a portfolio goes through with no hick ups !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Paul you should know beter when you are an AW you are not passing on any skills or experience. You are watching so that you can check a cadidate has reach a certain standard. Make sure he can fill the PC set out in the DMQ portfolio. Lee6.5 has it bang on and thats why he gets the big bucks for it.. TJ If i were you i would go out and help others if you think you want to progress just watch out for the deerstalking parasites that will use every opertunity to get a freebe with out helping others them selves.. That said it is real satisfiying helping some one else in to the sport that apreciates it. Then move on to AW, You will then be well prepared. OR YOU COULD GO DOWN THE CONTRACTOR ROUTE THE FC WOULD BE THE PEOPLE TO CONTACT FOR THAT ONE. Its a great passion and there is always something to learn even if it dont get you a wee tin badge.

Hi Stu,
    The next step up, or, no that is wrong there is no step up because Deer Stalking is not or should not be a 'Hierarchy' thing.
    But I can certainly suggest, to broaden your knowledge even more once level 2 is achieved, is to attend the Deer Managers course, or Advanced Stalker course as it used to be known.
    It is a much more commercial side of Deer Managent, not so much you on the ground but you in charge of guys on the ground and knowing first hand what they should be doing to get it right without falling foul of the various legislation required to run such a venture.

Or you could just go stalking.

Quote Originally Posted by tartinjock View Post
    Having now completed it, what comes next......Is there a natural step to take?

TJ
    TJ

Don't worry, somewhere down the line there will be a level 3 then 4 then 5 then 6....

Lot of businesses out there depend on it.

Or am I just being cynical???

(sorry, meant to add well done in completing it)

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Cheers for the comments.

I don't have the commitment at the moment to become an AW with my work. Since getting serious about the stalking, I concentrated on the L1 then 3 years to get my L2 trying to get as much experience as I could.

Now having done it, it only seems right to try and progress. What's peoples views (who have done it) on the Deer Managers Course?

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

TJ

Willie-Gunn has done the deers managers course and said it was very interesting and worth doing. I know he is away at the mo but is back by end of week.
    Drop him a PM I'm sure he will have a chat about it.

Hope all is ok with you mate.

Jon