Clegs

DL

Has anyone else been mobbed by clegs lately?

I was out for about four hours yesterday, and swatted dozens, never seen numbers like it.

As far as I can tell, I only picked up one bite, on the back through a T-shirt, but it certainly puts you off shooting, when you've got the cross hairs lined up, and you hear their wings whizzing past your ear!

yes my ground just over border i got hit 3 times in an hour on saturday and god they hurt lol

An old jungle trick - put some tiger balm on the bite to take away the stinging. Unfortunately I won't be able to get some until tonight. Ouch!

Got bitten on the back of the head whilst cutting the grass on Monday night...........swollen up like a marble.
Between them and the midges, I don't know whats the worst.
My mate was bitten last weekend a MILE out to sea in the boat, they get bloody everywhere !!!

I got bitten on the shoulder, hand and ......FACE the other weekend, the hand was OK , but still got marks on face and shoulder I seem to react badly to them nowadays.

We have plenty here also and i have a bit on my inner thigh that looks like it will need some attention. Dirty wee beggers.

Definitely agree that the numbers are up, never had so many clegg bites than this year.

The wee bassa's even bit me through my macwet gloves a couple weeks ago.

My two young boys have been blighted with them whilst being out and about, wonder why there seems to be so many around this year???

I got munched up North in Sutherland on Tuesday, it was quite still and i've never seen clegs like it. The lad I was with had no midge vail or gloves... ooops

just finished our shearing season,normally get eaten alive at some farms, but escaped without a single bite this year, so im not complaining:D

Has anyone else been mobbed by clegs lately?

I was out for about four hours yesterday, and swatted dozens, never seen numbers like it.

As far as I can tell, I only picked up one bite, on the back through a T-shirt, but it certainly puts you off shooting, when you've got the cross hairs lined up, and you hear their wings whizzing past your ear!

If you can "hear" them... they're NOT Clegs.

Thay are murder the now, my partner got bit on the side of her face when horse riding three years ago and it has left a scar, Horrible B*****s!! Thay give me the heebie jeebies!

ATB Barry

Back