Towing Ball Mounted Hoist... Any good ??

NeilG

Afternoon All.

Has anybody got, or used, one of the Donnington Deer Management Ball Hitch Mounted Hoists - or similar ?? I have a permission with some largish deer on it - which has reasonable 4x4 access, and wondered if this bit of kit is any good. I know most of us have too much kit, but I am all for it if life can be made easier.

Owing to the lie of the land, there are no trees available, otherwise I would just go for a pulley system to get them of the ground.

Thanks in advance for info.

All the best. Neil.

Not used one myself, But speak to Dave Streatan DDM !

He is a very good engineer and tell's the truth wether you like it or not, He is very approchable and i am sure if you came up here he would demo one .

ATB

Coldweld

Hi Neil, I have used the ball-hitch mounted hoist made by David Stretton for the last 10-12 years. Good piece of kit...you won't have any problems with it mate! :D

Neil,

All Dave's stalking stuff is tested by him and his lad on their deer park, so its all well designed. Dave is an agricultural engineer / fabricator, so the build quality is spot on also.

Cheers,

Bob

Thank you all very much for the feedback, it is really appreciated. They do look good on the website, but first hand reports / recommendations are good to have.

I used a friends `Stalkers Mate` the other week on a Roe buck, and I have to say it made gralloching so much easier - but that was in a nice wood with a suitable tree to hang from. It was so easy that I have just ordered my own, but with these bigger deer to handle from August, this DDM Hoist looks a perfect solution.

Thanks again.

Neil.

Neil,

The Singing Stalker makes a good point. When I say "Dave's Lad", I mean the Man Mountain that is Mark !!!

Cheers,

Bob

Ok for large fallow, up to medium reds, but i shot 4 monsters earlier this year 400lb+ and there wasn't enough height in the unit, also the cable was constantly slipping down the side of the top pulley wheel, its is not a bad unit, but its not perfect by any means.

Back