Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tell me if i am in the wrong

tell me if i am in the wrong

so tonight i am out on my permission practicing my 100 yards etc for my dsc1, ive a board resting on a 16ft earth banking and i am 100 yds away prone, the landownewr knows i am there , alls well and good,

then as i am walking back to put stickers on the bullet holes a lad who just got permission to be there appears on the top of the banking, i lost it , i asked where he had come from , he told me and its about a mile away ,

so i said you heard me from a mile away and your first thought was to walk towards the sound of gunfire? no reply

i packed up and went home, but the incident has shook me up , was there any more i could have done ?

Did you know he'd been given permission on the same ground? If so you should both agree to give each other a courtesy call or text so something like this doesnt happen again
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

yes i knew, hes 22 and the kinda guy who knows everything and does everything better , hes been on the ground a matter of weeks and has put lots of noses out of joint,

you need to lay down some ground rules then. His own failings are neither here nor there, just make him and anyone else on the ground safe
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Did you know he'd been given permission on the same ground? If so you should both agree to give each other a courtesy call or text so something like this doesnt happen again
    Good point more so did he know you had permission to be there also. I think a chat with the land owner should be at the

top of your "to do list"

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

yes he knows i am there but i asked that he phone in advace of going onto the ground, the problem is the landowner cant or wont step up and lay down rules , he gives permmision to anyone who asks ,

leave the ground then.
    Quad sticks

ive sent the landowner a text outlining what happened and that i am leaving the ground, and asking him to call me when hes available to talk to me tomorrow,,

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    leave the ground then.
    Hard though it may be, I'd agree with that. I've had farmers who think the farm's got enough acres for you and others-- I leave it to the others!! The last thing I want is a bullet up the --se!

its breaking my heart to do it as i have been shooting and hawking on there for the last 25 years, but tonight really shook me up