Lost moderator

bigmur

It looks like I've lost the mod for my 22 rimfire I've covered the ground over and over it was removed only to enter the jeep so I've searched the car inside out returned to where I had parked up but no sign of mod problem is I am unsure if I need to report this to the firearms officer or if I can simply buy a new one

Well depends on what moddy it is and how it is listed on your certificate. Eg mines just a bogg standard Parker Hale, no id no and would fit on a .22 air rifle so no issue so you could just buy one(mine is not proffed either) but this is a mine field.

May raise some issues if you call the Firearms dept.

Difficult one.

D

To be on the safe/right side of things best you report it straight away to FSEL should not be a problem, as for buying another one you would have to surely have a slot on you certificate for that, yes I know you can buy them without certificate for airguns etc, but it would have to be entered on your certificate to be able to use it within the law.

What a lot of pish.

This is for your rimmy?? A Parker Hale or SAK goes on the air rifle ;)

There is no serial number on the thing, go buy a new one and put it down to experience.

exactly if its listed on your ticket as a simple moderator of unknown make which mine is I'd just order a sak or PH for my airgun and put it on. No one can tell the difference a mod is a mod

Now you've put it on open forum that you've lost a mod, which is classed as a firearm. I would think about your next action. The police do watch these forums. We are supposed to be responsible shooters
Al

Now you've put it on open forum that you've lost a mod, which is classed as a firearm. I would think about your next action. The police do watch these forums. We are supposed to be responsible shooters
Al

BigMUR nice to hear you found your moderator :D, no issue with police anymore Ranger but thanks for the heads up.:lol:

Ranger you may find that a mod does not become a firearm until it is fitted to the firearm.

Ranger you may find that a mod does not become a firearm until it is fitted to the firearm.

I must confess that this is my view also. It is the only way I can see to explain the fact that the same items can be sold to the general public for use on airguns, but must be specified on our FAC if we wish to use them on FAC-rifles.

I think in law 'an accessory to' must have a meaning more like 'a bit of kit attached to', rather than the everyday non-legal 'a bit of kit that might be associated with'.

Back