Stag Portrait and Stalking Auction

basil

Distinguished Member
Some of you may remember this.
007-25.jpg

It was drawn by a friend of mine and donated so that i could raise some funds for the childrens unit at The Musgrove Park Hospital who treat my nearly two year old grandaughter Millie for her heart complaint. The auction finished on the 29th April 2011.
The auction was won by someone who is now an ex member of the forum and although i have had contact with the winning bidder he has failed to pay the £100 winning bid for the portrait. The last contact i had was about two weeks ago where i said that i would have to re auction it.
So, is there anyone out there who would like to start the auction again please? End of auction date 9pm 12/08/11.
Thanks.
basil.

Last edited:
basil if you want a mount and a nice ash frame to finish it off to get more for the children i will donate those for you i would need the size to complete atb,wayne

basil if you want a mount and a nice ash frame to finish it off to get more for the children i will donate those for you i would need the size to complete atb,wayne
Thanks Wayne, that`s a wonderful offer. The paper is 16.5 inches long and 11.75 inches wide. (A3)
There you have it folks, kindly framed by Wayne.
basil.

Well, if it's mounted and framed, it's got to be worth at least £75 :)
Anybody want to out bid me ;)
I've always wanted a picture of a Roe on my wall :D :p

Tell you what Basil.......... I will throw in a morning or an evening stalk for free with the picture in West Sussex in the winter time for Fallow doe's, prickets and Roe doe's. Winner to PM me to arrange a suitable time and date.

Come on guys lets make it £200 for the hospital

just so i get the mount right on the longest edge could you measure from underneath the signiture to round about 10mm off the top and from the start of the signiture on the left and leav 10mm at the other end ,atb wayne

Tell you what Basil.......... I will throw in a morning or an evening stalk for free with the picture in West Sussex in the winter time for Fallow doe's, prickets and Roe doe's. Winner to PM me to arrange a suitable time and date.

Thank you Malcolm, a very generous offer.
basil.

Basil,
If I don't get to buy the portrait, I'll send you £10 for Bugger All (if you still have any left, that is!). ;)
ATB,
Rupert

Last edited:
Haven't got the wall space for the picture but stick me down for a £20 donation on top of the winning bid! I'll PM you for paypal details or address for the money at the end of auction.

Tom

Hi Basil and Malc
To help it along if its too far for someone to travel to Malc, I will offer a evening stalk on Fallow in Herefordshire instead of Malcs if it's closer for the winning bidder ( I hope that makes sense)

Wayne

Eddy, I'll raise you £20 to get Basil back to where he left off last time. £100 from me.
Rupert, if you are willing to bid/donate £100 and I am willing to bid/donate £100 that makes it £200 and if nobody out bids us, we donate the picture to the Childrens ward at Musgrove Park, how about that.

Last edited:
to the winning bidder of this picture, I will also donate a morning or evening Roe Stalk in the Scottish Borders so come on lads get bidding, its for a good cause. cheers tam

to the winning bidder of this picture, I will also donate a morning or evening Roe Stalk in the Scottish Borders so come on lads get bidding, its for a good cause. cheers tam

No way Tam are you going to look like you are the only generous Scotsman on here.

If the winning bidder can get up to the Scottish Borders for roe then they can have a day with me at the Sika hinds as well. That's a morning and evening of the same day or evening one day and morning the next which may make the travel and accommodation easier.

We may even be able to tie it in with Tams offer at the Roe.

(meant to add that a weekend is a lot easier but we will work something out)

Back