Thread: ecar insurance

ecar insurance

any body have any dealings with this company before,i recently took out insurance for my landrover with them and a condition of the insurance was that i sent them copies of my drivers license and proof of no claims which they have received,now i am getting emails from them stating as i have failed to provide the no claims proof that as of the 13th they are going to cancel my policy and charge me 75 costs and bill me for the cover upto that date,as they are an internet company you can only ring them on a premium line at over a 1 a min,they also state that they will only give back any funds owed when they receive the policy back,this just sounds like a big con to me,any ideas?
    atb paul

Sounds perfectly reasonable if they havent obtained copy of your no claims bonus and driving license, I hope you sent them recorded delivery.
    Get in touch with your previous insurer and ask them to fax a copy of your proof of no claims to esure.
    The reason esure is competitive with other insurers is because they are an internet company therefore with having lower running costs.
    However as soon as you have a problem, as you're now having, you find the lack of customer service both costly and time consuming.

Forgot to say we had insurance with esure for 1 year. Fortunately we had no problems with them.
    Last edited by limulus; 06-08-2011 at 13:33. Reason: forgot to mention
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Sounds perfectly reasonable if they havent obtained copy of your no claims bonus and driving license, I hope you sent them recorded delivery.
    Get in touch with your previous insurer and ask them to fax a copy of your proof of no claims to esure.
    The reason esure is competitive with other insurers is because they are an internet company therefore with having lower running costs.
    However as soon as you have a problem, as you're now having, you find the lack of customer service both costly and time consuming.
    both the license and no claims proof were sent in the same email,I've had a confirmation of the license but they are still claiming to have not received the no claims proof which was a copy of my renewal from the last insurer which clearly states my no claims on it

atb Paul

Get your old company to confirm your no claims by post then send a copy to esure by email. Resend the original email and explain that you have requested written confirmation from your previous insurer but that you thought your original submission was sufficient. As you have provided them with the details needed they shouldnt cancel your in sewer ants nor charge you the 'admin' fee (cheeky feckers)
    Send them your number in the email and request that they contact you as you dont want to phone a premium number (or nip round to the in laws and use their phone )
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Get your old company to confirm your no claims by post then send a copy to esure by email. Resend the original email and explain that you have requested written confirmation from your previous insurer but that you thought your original submission was sufficient. As you have provided them with the details needed they shouldnt cancel your in sewer ants nor charge you the 'admin' fee (cheeky feckers)
    Send them your number in the email and request that they contact you as you dont want to phone a premium number (or nip round to the in laws and use their phone )
    thanks for the info,but the no claims proof i sent them was a pdf file of the written renewal from my last insurer and they are still saying its no good as proof,i've even told them the page and line of the info,i've already given them my number in the origanal email and no contact has been made
    atb paul