Thread: Dangerous?

Dangerous?

I have an RCBS Chargemaster and I've been using and old plastic 50 round .17HMR ammo box to discharge the unused powder in to after I have completed loading the set number of rounds (normally 50 or 100).

However I've noticed that the powder sometimes "dances" around the ammo box and some sticks to the sides when I pour the unwanted powder back in to the powder tub. H380, Varget, N140, H4895 all react in the same manner.

I'm assuming this is static electricity - so is this dangerous (as in is there a potential "KABOOM" moment ) and, if so, any suggestions what should I use to discharge the powder into please?
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

wash the ammo box in warm soapy water and allow to airdry that should remove any residual static
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

it won't go bang anyway.......it just produces lots of gas, therefore its only the sudden release that is the bang.

A sharp tap on anything like funnels etc always dissipates the static.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

All noted. Many thanks.

Apologies if a stupid question - but better safe than sorry.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

never a stupid question......if you are thinking it then ask............I only know because a lecturr once tipped out gun powder onto a piece of paper and set it on fire.......we were all fairly dissappointed with the lack of explosion