Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacement trigger for tikka t3

Replacement trigger for tikka t3

Anybody know where I can get an aftermarket trigger for a t3?

As far as I know there isn't one in production - used to be by CG though - but if there are any still kicking around your best bet would be to try Jackson Rifles.

The factory units are fairly tweakable so unless your looking for a break in the gramm's region (or you've broken it somehow) you could try adjustment first? It's a stock off job but not difficult. Don't forget to test for bump and slam fire.
    Last edited by Milligan; 09-08-2011 at 09:26.

The only one I seen advertised was by Welcome to JARD, Inc.

give mike a call from brock & Norris gun smiths he did my tikka t3 very good job

Hi!

You can check if mtguns can fit a Barnard two-stage trigger for your T3: http://www.mtguns.com/repl__trigger.htm

Regards Robert

have the sears polished and weight adjusted and it will feel as good as any trigger on a stalking rifle

Quote Originally Posted by taylor View Post
    have the sears polished and weight adjusted and it will feel as good as any trigger on a stalking rifle
    I have to agree, I had mine done and Its spot on breaking at 1.5 lbs...Very crisp, as I remember the gunsmith charged me for 3 hrs labour 70-80...Cheaper than a replacement unit

If the pull is too heavy, you could try changing the bolt that holds the trigger to the action.
    The bolt head acts as the stop to limit adjustment of the grub screw.

If you fit a bolt with a lower head, you will have more scope for adjustment. Use threadlock on the grub screw though and make sure its safe.

You can use Sako TRG trigger as well

I looked in to this a few years back and there was a guy in america doing lighter springs for them but he wouldn't post over here. I ended up just adjusting it and managed to get a clean safe 1.75lbs which suits me well.

Dave