Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: deer hoist

deer hoist

im after a hoist / pulley / block and tackle to help with gralloch loading in the land rover and hanging in garage.

any suggestions please

regards pj

SD Regular
    Allen do one for about 27... see http://www.swillingtonshootingsuppli...-Takedown-Kit/ - seems pretty reliable in my limited use of it so far. I like it as I can just sling it over a tree branch at any height rather than mucking about on the floor. (Lazy I know)
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

SD Regular
    Shame the postage is so stupid on this.... HUNTING GAMBREL DEER TRUCK HITCH BIG GAME LIFT HOIST | eBay - looks like a bit of kit...!!
    Last edited by Eric the Red; 08-08-2011 at 23:32. Reason: 'age'
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Shame the postage is so stupid on this.... HUNTING GAMBREL DEER TRUCK HITCH BIG GAME LIFT HOIST | eBay - looks like a bit of kit...!!
    Carcase Handling Systems | Donington Deer Management

Hi PJ.

I used a friends `Stalkers Mate` pulley and folding gambrel the other week, and I liked it so much, I ordered my own from K&A Services ( Keithshighseats on the web ). It is 1:6 pulley system, and can hold up to 180Kg, which for the deer I manage in woodland it is more than enough. It has its own wallet with belt loops, and weighs 1Kg. Bit more expensive than the one mentioned above by Eric, but it is a great piece of kit.

Also interested in getting a tow ball hitch deer hoist from Donnington Deer Management, but will have to save my pennies for one of those !!!

All the best.

Neil.

Make your own. I have just got 2 double pulley wheels for 7 and 20' of 8mm rope at B+Q and linked it all round a beam in my shed.
    Stick a butchers hook through the bottom pulley and into a roes chin and it gets pulled up out of my roesack easy peasy, and then tie off at the right height for skinning....genius for less than 15!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Parsons View Post
    Make your own. I have just got 2 double pulley wheels for 7 and 20' of 8mm rope at B+Q and linked it all round a beam in my shed.
    Stick a butchers hook through the bottom pulley and into a roes chin and it gets pulled up out of my roesack easy peasy, and then tie off at the right height for skinning....genius for less than 15!!!
    +1, that is exactly the same set up i use in the field to get a red onto my pick up if i'm on my own.
    cheers
    richard

Thanks for replies boys think home made is the way to go. Is it worth having a proper gambrel i used a bar to lift my most recent deer up but it started to bend and the legs had to be tied together to stop thhem sliding apart and off the end

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    +1, that is exactly the same set up i use in the field to get a red onto my pick up if i'm on my own.
    cheers
    richard
    Would you mind letting me know where you got your pulley wheels from Richard, I've been looking around but need some strong enough for
    Fallow bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka View Post
    Would you mind letting me know where you got your pulley wheels from Richard, I've been looking around but need some strong enough for
    Fallow bucks.

There are 180Kg load pulley sets on eBay if they are any good to you. Very similar to items in some "purpose" supplied sets

CARGO PULLEY SET moreinshop! gt | eBay

"Cargo Pulley Set" 6:1 ration for 4.95 + P&P

All you need is a webbing strop and/or hook to suspend it from your chose hanging point & gambrel

No connection with seller etc etc

HTH

Rb
    Last edited by rigboot; 10-08-2011 at 19:32. Reason: No connection with seller