Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: variation

variation

put in variation for a 6.5 x55 ,traded in my 243 ,spoke to my fao today needed to know why i sold the 243 and want a 6.5 told him i didnt like accuracy of the particular rifle with 100gr ammo and although it shot 75,80 gr well i had lost confidence with it .and as i had a 308 i wanted a rifle for munty chincs and roe .he seemed happy with that .also although i have an open cert my 308 is not i have had it some 3.5 yrs now and asked for it to be opened ,he said he had no problem with that as he knows i use it a fair bit ,but it was not really his decision .....what do you think ? who makes the decision then ?
    Last edited by norma 308; 10-08-2011 at 17:09.

The FLM makes the final decision as her/she is the boss and grants or denies you your application based on evidence gathered by the FEO

ok thanks the feo is not a bad bloke knows one end of a deer from another and i have met him on estate cull days so hopefully i should get the cert someday soon !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    ok thanks the feo is not a bad bloke knows one end of a deer from another and i have met him on estate cull days so hopefully i should get the cert someday soon !!!!!!!
    no such luck there is a back log ! not the feo's fault 1st a week then 3 now 6 weeks from handing it in at the office ,running out of 22.250 ammo too its a joke really just a one for one variation so i might get it by the middle of sept earliest .

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    no such luck there is a back log ! not the feo's fault 1st a week then 3 now 6 weeks from handing it in at the office ,running out of 22.250 ammo too its a joke really just a one for one variation so i might get it by the middle of sept earliest .
    September of which year though? ......................................... Did you ask?

i know its free ,i actually wouldnt mind paying a fee to express it through ,doing my head in with a gun sitting in my rfd with my name on it !

I guess you have the same FEO as me Norma? Mr S. ? He's not a bad bloke, and as you say he is a stalker and knows one end of a deer from the other.
    I applied for a variation to swap my .223 earlier this year (.223 off, .223 on) and it took exactly 8 weeks to come back.

thats correct mr s ,not his fault under staffed huge cuts at w hall my wife was included ,and it is holiday season !!! just feel a bit lost without medium cal rifle spose i will just sit it out and wait like a good boy unless i run out of ammo which is looking lightly !

you can still operate with a photocopy in the meantime, right?

Give them a call and tell them you're running out of ammo, it may help push you to the top of the pile.

At 8 weeks I called them and told them I needed to stock up on 6.5x55 ammo for a stalking trip that was looming. Fair play to them, two days later
    my ticket was ready for collection.