Thread: Howde from a newbie

Howde from a newbie

Been lurking for a while but just signed up . Looks a real nice site with friendly people, a few I recognize from other forums.

I live up on the east coast of scotland.

I have been shooting since the age of nine when I shot my first stag under the careful eye of my uncle. At the time the head shepherd / stalker for the water board down in the trossaks . Went on to shoot every year in the rut up until the foot and mouth ended his life time career. The water board sold all the sheep and thus had no requirement for a shepherd. The deer are now allowed to run a mock as before they were controlled only to allow the sheep plenty of grazing.

After this a done a few years helping out within a cull team. I didnt really enjoy it as it was all a numbers game instead of relaxed stalking

I have gone on to love working and training gundogs. Picking up on shoot days is one of the ways I pass time during the game season but stalking will always be my passion.
    have farms that I control vermin and Roe on and have recently acquired stalking within a large plantation. At the moment still finding my feet and learning a whole different way to stalking haven always been on the hill. Woodland stalking is not as easy as I first thought.

Anyway thatís it. Just another mad keen shooter with a shooting widow sat at home.

Ads

Welcome Ads,

Be good to hear about your woodland stalking experiences - it certainly is a different ball game to being out on the hill.

Welcome to the site, seems to be a good friendly bunch here. Sounds as though you are close to Stonie, if so there is another lad, Bruxiehill, in your vicinity. I'm a bittie north above Aberdeen.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Welcome to the site, seems to be a good friendly bunch here. Sounds as though you are close to Stonie, if so there is another lad, Bruxiehill, in your vicinity. I'm a bittie north above Aberdeen.

Bob
    Either you know me or it was a good guess ? Lived in stoney all my days.

Ads

Welcome aboard Ads, look forward to hearing and seeing about your trips in your new plantaion
    Jonathon

I might as I know some lads round your way. You can pm me if you like. The name was the giveaway!

yours in sport

Bob