Available: Anyone for new Zealand?

Fallow Buck

Anyone for New Zealand Culling?

Hi all,

I've got some culling opportunities in New Zealand for late April and Mid May 2012. Primary species will be feral goats although there will be the chance of wild turkeys, deer, pigs as well.

We are looking to put a team together of 6 guns for a week long trip. All inclusive price is £1,600 per person.

You can expect to shoot 40-100 rounds per day and all food lodging transport etc is included. No trophy fees on the above species.

Chamois and Thar can be added as can some excellent Sika stalking. details are pending on that part though as I am still awaiting the pricing.
Our recommendation due to the large amount of ammo required for this trip is either that we pre order factory ammo that your rifle likes or you travel with the heads/dies and brass in order that we reload each night in camp.

For any questions you have email me at info@AthinaHuntingTours.Com

The first trip would start around the 21st April 2012 and the second week could start around the 5th May 2012.

Rgds,
Kiri

Last edited:
hi ,sounds interesting ,could you just veryfy,does price include flights from uk or is that extra ,cheers arron.

hi ,sounds interesting ,could you just veryfy,does price include flights from uk or is that extra ,cheers arron.

Hi Aaron,

Apologies, flights are not included, although I do have a corporate membership with Virgin so I may be able to get some deals for you.

Rgds,
K

Just to add some more info here for people, as questions will often be similar to those I have received on PM or email.

I've had a look at flights and they look to be £999 with Emirates and £1200 with Virgin at present. Im not a travel agent though so I can only provide information, we would need to book the flights separately to ensure you are fully covered by ABTA or IATA.

Ammunition in New Zealand seems to be about NZ$40 - NZ$55 per twenty (308Win). With Bulk buying I'm sure we can get this to about £1/bang which will give you some guidance on budgeting for shooting. Like I said above if you expect to shoot 40 rounds per day then any more is a bonus or a choice.

I hope that helps a bit but feel free to ask more questions.

Kiri

Hi Guys,

Both these weeks have gone now.

I'm looking into more of the same so I will give an update when I get more info.

Rgds,
K

Only bring your own ammo if it``s an oddball calibre, Hunting & Fishing (retailer) usually have most calibres or Hamills.Will save you loads on costs of bringing it. Just read rest of thread, your on to it.
Over here it isn`t illegal to load for other people and in most areas there someone who reloads, there is one local to me, he is very good,in demand and reasonably priced.
What areas you planning on hunting?

Last edited:
**** I wish I could be there with you guys, you're gonna love it.

So where ya gonna be hunting, north or south? Am guessing north.

Hi Mukiwa,

The hunting takes place on the North Island.

Regarding the reloading we worked out that you would save about £5 per 20rounds by reloading so ultimately after a long days hunting it is probably easier to buy a bulk amount of ammo and avoid an hour of reloading in the evening.

Rgds,
K

Back